Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Ever left a domain on auto-renew that you didnt want!

Status
Not open for further replies.

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I was new to the business I bought a name for two years,

www.Bobcatz.biz

Now isn't that the WORST domain name in the world? I thought it was gold at the time, but when I checked my account Bobcatz.biz is good untill 2006! I was like :O :O.

It isn't that big of deal, but they should atleast send you an email confirmation or something!!!

I bet someone on here prob had 200 domains in account with auto-renew on...hehe that woulda sucked!

Duncan

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The worst thing is NOT having a domain on auto renew!

I like to check my domains, auto-renews…all settings regularly, as well as the expiration dates.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I had a domain on auto renew and it sucked :(

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ditto. Had a few stinkers auto-renew last month. Finally went through all my accounts and removed auto-renew from the stinkers. Probably saved myself a couple hundred dollars.

I keep a spreadsheet of all my domains -- where they're registered, expiration dates, asking prices, etc. Every few weeks I sort it on expiration date and make sure all the good ones are renewed. A little cumbersome, but much better than letting a good one drop or renewing a worthless domain.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had 8 domains which I planned to drop on auto renew. And it was not a very nice experience. Well, I learnt my lesson the hard way. Now I keep all domains on manual renew and renew the ones I like well in time.

URLtrader

DanTheTekMan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I forgot but 11 months later they sent a bill, but It had a month before the due date so I was good to go.

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think this kind of thing has hit most of us. I've had it both ways. lost a few good ones before the days of auto renew and had a few auto renew that I would have rather let go. :emba:

Finally made a sale that made all this worth while. A single sale that was more then the total I have ever spent on all domains I ever owned. I'm a small timer in this biz so a 2K sale was pretty good for me. :approve:

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AVC said:
Finally made a sale that made all this worth while. A single sale that was more then the total I have ever spent on all domains I ever owned. I'm a small timer in this biz so a 2K sale was pretty good for me. :approve:

Congrats! I just made a 2K sale this week also -- my biggest to date by a small margin. But this one was on a domain I regged for $6.95 (others have been resales with smaller margins). That's a great feeling.

Anyway, I'm excited for you, AVC. I know how you feel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom