Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

every domain forum should have an "understanding overture" section

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It should be a main category for every visitor to see, the same questions are asked over and over about overture and sometimes i feel guilty about not answering a question but you get tired of explaining the same thing over and over, along with the brief summary posters can add posts to compliment it then when a question gets asked we could just post the link

Domain Days 2024

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is not the forum problem, it is the asking users problem, they can find almost all answers via the "search" or via Google. Best way is simply ignore those questions, because if you tell those asking idiots they could find it easy without asking they start calling you names.

NZPoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is not the forum problem, it is the asking users problem, they can find almost all answers via the "search" or via Google. Best way is simply ignore those questions, because if you tell those asking idiots they could find it easy without asking they start calling you names.

are you saying you never ask anything in this forum or any other places? you always find out your answers by googling and search?

interesting, so why bother join any commiunity when there is search and google?

NZPoint

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It should be a main category for every visitor to see, the same questions are asked over and over about overture and sometimes i feel guilty about not answering a question but you get tired of explaining the same thing over and over, along with the brief summary posters can add posts to compliment it then when a question gets asked we could just post the link

I agree with you, if same thing been asked over and over again, it should have its own main category, specially places like DNF which is related to that kind of stuff.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Dude you were once a noob too.

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes its true we were all newbies at one time, however the search function is there, and its there for a reason. It may take a little more time going though old threads, however I think a lot of the repetitive questions originate from new/old members that dont "feel like" searching. I also feel that in a slight way, new members may ask obvious questions to get themselves out there and known by those that may have more experience. Regardless, the information needed is on the forum, a quick search will find you almost anything needed for those just starting out. Dont get me wrong, asking questions only makes someone that much smarter, its the redundant simple minded questions that are asked over and over that can be answered through a basic search.

BobDiGiTaL

Domain Lover
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If anyone can explain how OWE determines traffic, let me know.

commandercody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's true though, not just someone saying the keywords get XXX amount of searches per month, but more on what that means.

I bought many domains with ovt 50,000 plus for search terms and get almost no visitors; a name of a domain is just one equation in the grand scheme of search engines. If your looking for typ-ins and the ovt is high you must go with only one keyword, that usually means a dictionary word which good one's can only be bought for full price now. Multiple keywords rarely work.

Examples for newb's:

"careerdreamfind.com" ovt 18,331 : 0 hits this month
"webnewssearch.com" ovt 28,933 : 0 hits this month

Not talking as a professional, but as observant spectator your best use of ovt is finding what people are looking for, but with the least keyword competition available.

If google, and the other search engines have their way the only way to profit from parked domains will be at best, type-ins: with shorter names, and typo's(risk getting a TM violation) until the industry really cracks down on it.
If you don't believe me, type in loan in google and scroll down the list you will find first large loan sites, followed by light development pages, and finally parked pages.

I tend to believe now development is the only way to guarantee a CTR

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I disagree that it's a "newbie" issue as much as it's an interpretive issue. Even "Pros" disagree on the value and interpretation of OVT. MOST, if not all Domaineers use OVT as a tool to DEVALUE a domain and buy it cheaper from an unseasoned seller via an unending selection of arguments from "with extension?" to "just because it has and OVT of 20K doesn't mean anyone actually goes there".

It is these arguments that create the aire of confusion. Note that a poster pointed out that to understand OVT, you should search GOOGLE!!! That should say something right there! LOL!!!

Better said, that ever domain forum should have a DISCLAIMER that OVT is subject to personal interpretation and much like the "lick the finger and stick it in the wind" method, the winds of change, value and direction are speculation at best.

GoPC

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
could those terms possibly be better as

finddreamcareer and searchwebnews?

you have to be careful of the order of words in overture search, it can make all the difference

I agree with hugegrowth. There are many three word combinations getting good typeins. It just has to make sense.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One other thing to consider in your "analysis" is that OVT actually CORRECTS spelling errors! So, you will never get a proper estimate of searches for your typo domain (or read another way, an inflated number of typo searches).

Along with the removal of "-" and even some words in some cases.

Oh, and don't forget that if you want to, you can inflate your own OVT scores by visiting the OVT family of search engines and typing in your own domains ever day.

:)

GoPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom