Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Every thread I open is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see that.

Anyone else?

-=DCG=-

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The last 2 were closed because..

You did not have a domain in the title ...you need at least one domain in the title of your post when posting a domain for sale....then you can list all your domains for sale within the thread.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No problems here.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I did a quick rundown and I see 5 posts that have been closed. They're all sales threads and none have a domain in the title.

10. ALL DOMAIN SALES MUST list the actual domain name IN THE POST, and at least one of the domain names being sold in the title of the post with NO SPACES, you must post the ACTUAL DOMAIN NAME. There's a solution for those avoiding spiders, you may use example(.)com or example(dot)com. In addition, most forums have a sticky thread or an announcement thread (or perhaps both) with more rules specific to that subforum. Please check for specific sticky threads and specific announcements that pertain to the subforum before posting in the forums. This rule is echoed in many sticky threads across our forum. Checking for a sticky before posting is netiquette you should be aware of, in any forum. Further reading here.

http://www.dnforum.com/rules.php

jameslee

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can't you edit the title instead of locking it without notice? Not everyone has time to read every little rules you write you know.

And... nobody advised me of how to rectify the situation.

James

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rules are rules. :)
And it takes less than 5 minutes to read them.

jameslee

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, I understand that and respect rules. But the situation bloody annoying, and no idea how to fix it.

I guess it could be cool for threads that you only want PMs for. What I am saying is just locking it doesn't make sense. Have them deleted and send them a warning/infraction or something. Just locking it without no notice is like taking the mick.

Just forget it.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, I understand that and respect rules. But the situation bloody annoying, and no idea how to fix it.

I guess it could be cool for threads that you only want PMs for. What I am saying is just locking it doesn't make sense. Have them deleted and send them a warning/infraction or something. Just locking it without no notice is like taking the mick.

Just forget it.

You know with 61,000 members and nobody wants to read the rules......

I think I'd get tired pretty fast too and just close threads. Give the mods a break they're not here to wipe our A*S"s for us!

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe the new feature to put a comment on why the thread was closed was created a few months ago, but I definitely agree with DropWizard in that the mods probably get tired of closing so many threads a day.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't you edit the title instead of locking it without notice? Not everyone has time to read every little rules you write you know.

And... nobody advised me of how to rectify the situation.

James
1. You can't kill a person and then say that I didn't have the time to read the rules that you can't kill someone.

2. We don't edit titles for a lot of reasons which I don't want to mention all. One of them being that it is impossible to read the tread and spend time on deciding which domain to add. If you are not serious about it, any reason we should?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you don't want to have the domain and price/info indexed in google and other search engines just use the "," instead of the "." and you should be fine..alot of times this is why people don't add the domain to the title. And also I have to say...if it happened 5 times now did'nt you catch the drift? :confused:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Can't you edit the title instead of locking it without notice? Not everyone has time to read every little rules you write you know. And... nobody advised me of how to rectify the situation.

James

We all play by the same set of rules, It's not the mods job to do what you failed to do. If you have the time to create a sales thread, you have the time to read.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. You can't kill a person and then say that I didn't have the time to read the rules that you can't kill someone.

......snip
Not sure that killing people will stop domain names missing from the title of for sale threads
But eh, it is probably worth a try.
Let us all know if it works

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Noone wants to read your entire thread to find out what domains you are selling - put the domain in the title - This is not Digital Point!

You don't even have to read the Rules thread, this rule is listed as an Announcement on each sales forum...

NostraDomainus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not everyone has time to read every little rules you write you know.

Short answer - Yes, everyone Does.
If you have time to sign-up to DNF, you have time to Read the Rules. If you have time to create this complaint thread about yourself not following the rules - then you have time to read the rules.

You have been a member since 2005 and never thought you had to read or follow any rules? The rules have been posted since before 2005.

You have been a member since 2005 and never pick-up over the years on the fact you need a domain in title? It's posted all over this forum that you need a domain in title for the majority of sections.

You have been a member since 2005 and believe you are free to do whatever you want to someone elses forum? It's widely known DCG owns this forum.

You have been a member since 2005 and you act like this?

I hope now you have a better understanding of being part of a community - respect the rules and they will respect you.

Like myself, it goes to show Everyone is Forever a Newbie - and you always learn something new everyday (which is often better late than never).

Best of Luck & Success in All your Endeavours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom