Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Everybody can know what everybody else views in the forums? Not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So I noticed how at the bottom of each page is a log of who has visited that thread. Okay, I thought that is a little bad, a bit of invasion of privacy.

But now I just came to realize that if you click on any name, you can see an entire record of what that user views in the forums. This is a HUGE invasion of privacy.

Anybody can use this url, and see a viewing history. Not a posting history, a viewing history.
http://www.dnforum.com/misc.php?do=wrtviewuser&u=<any user's userid>

Hey, everybody! Ever wondered what threads DotComGod looks at, and when? Well, here you go:
http://www.dnforum.com/misc.php?do=wrtviewuser&u=2927

Please remove this "feature" ASAP and try to help give these forums a little bit more of a professional atmosphere. This is a feature you wouldn't see in the majority of forums across the web, let alone one where business is conducted.

Upvote 0

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree, there is no justification for making this information public. The feature should be scrapped. I'm more interested in the older 'who's reading this thread' feature.

Domain Summit 2024

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Creepy and cool at the same time. Like voyeurism. I like it. :)

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I really appreciate the DNF staff disabling this feature. Thank you, Adam, and everybody else. You can close/remove this thread if you want.

I

impactadmin

Hi,

No problem.

Its been removed based on multiple members not liking it either.

Thanks

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Other features I'd like to see in the future:

"Click to view member's bank statements".

"Click to enable member's webcam".

"Click to push member's domains to your account".

"Click username to enable/disable keylogging".

:)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
While I understand while many do not want to be "seen" having viewed a thread, in one particular instance a member's account that had been hacked and taken over...we were able to see that hacked account viewing and participating in threads.

I

impactadmin

Im not sure what the huge issue was but if members dont like it we will listen and remove it.

The feature allowed members to see what threads you viewed and were interested in. Im not sure how it would affect someone personally with comparison to bank statements and so forth.

Its almost the same feature in the previous vb that showed members currently reading a thread. It just never stored it.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got no problems with it. I guess some people don't want others to see what domain sale threads they're checking out.

I

impactadmin

Yes it seems many didnt like it. So we disabled it until a better program comes available that shows members reading a thread but not store it after they have read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom