Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Everybody stop complaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

emark

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's not hard to find good end users. They will come to you. This domain was registered waaay back 10-Jul-13. Here's the email conversation.

Him: Hello!

I'm interested in buying energyforhomes.com.

I've found it through Sedo.

Please respond with how much you are looking for it. Just specify this
price in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email me your list with prices.

Regards,

Isaac Rothberg

ME: Subject: $16,000

Or send me your best SERIOUS offer.

HIM: I offer 15,000 usd. I have 42,000 usd budget for 12-15 domain names.

How can I pay you (PayPal, Western Union, escrow.com etc.)? If this is your first time domain sale I may help you with the sale/transfer process.

Are you a member of domain seller communities/forums? Probably, we know each other under some nicknames?

Best regards,

Isaac Rothberg

So you see guys/guyettes good buyers aren't hard to find. Again, they will come to you. You just need to have a good, sensible, aged domain.

Mod if this is in the wrong place, please move it for me.

Don't be jealous. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, mercy. Looks like some of the emails many of us received in the past.

Guess what comes next...they want you to pay for an appraisal.

Yeah, you're right...don't complain.

Lol lol lol lol lol...he he he...ha ha ha.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's not hard to find good end users. They will come to you. This domain was registered waaay back 10-Jul-13. Here's the email conversation.

Him: Hello!

I'm interested in buying energyforhomes.com.

I've found it through Sedo.

Please respond with how much you are looking for it. Just specify this
price in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email me your list with prices.

Regards,

Isaac Rothberg

ME: Subject: $16,000

Or send me your best SERIOUS offer.

HIM: I offer 15,000 usd. I hav e 42,000 usd budget for 12-15 domain names.

How can I pay you (PayPal, Western Union, escrow.com etc.)? If this is your first time domain sale I may help you with the sale/transfer process.

Are you a member of domain seller communities/forums? Probably, we know each other under some nicknames?

Best regards,

Isaac Rothberg

So you see guys/guyettes good buyers aren't hard to find. Again, they will come to you. You just need to have a good, sensible, aged domain.

Mod if this is in the wrong place, please move it for me.

Don't be jealous. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
http://www.dnforum.com/f77/isaac-ka...aisal-scam-noobs-take-note-thread-503210.html

Spend some of that six years time as being a member and actually read the forum post.

This is nothing new except the last name he is now using.

I wanted to quote you in full so when you get scammed by this nasty whore Isaac, we (the members of DNForum) can remind you: Everybody stop complaining

Fabbstar

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Haha yes, seen this email before too. He sends you to a "recommended" appraisal service with links to fake forum pages. The guy has obviously spent a bit of time on this scam. I didnt fall for it though.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can we move this to humor section... geesh...:frusty: ...so many things to say about a post like this.

it's just down right ironically funny. :pound:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
too funny

emark

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I get these about every couple of months. Seems like that 15k will put quite a hole in the 42k budget he has to acquire for 12-15 domain names.

This is the part I like: If this is your first time domain sale I may help you with the sale/transfer process.

Well dude I've been doing this since 1998. But it WOULD be the first time I bent over.

Last edited:

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Get ready for the teachable moment Rick. If something seems to good to be true, it probably is.

FYI, energyforhomes.net and energyforhomes.org are available to register so you might want to snap them up and offer both to your buyer at a fraction of the price he wants to pay for the .com. There is no way any of this can go sour for you. I see nothing but dollar signs in your future. Let us all know when the sale closes and you can buy us all a beer. Not to worry though, I won't be holding my breath.

Last edited:

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I offer someone a domain for 16K and he counters with only 15K, I don't bother writing back. Cheapskate! :)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm jealous, usually the appraisal scammers offer only $12,000 per domain :lol:

emark

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sitting here one night looking for solar domains not to buy but just to see what was out there and this showed up. Well what the hell it's only $2.95. Didn't and still don't have any plans. When this dude sent me that email, the same day it was registered I decided to jack with him a while. These emails go straight to the spam box.

I knew what he was. That's why I responded with such an outrageous number for a reg fee domain. 16k for a domain that was registered the same day the email came? Then when he came back with 15k I'm laughing my butt off now. I started to keep playing with him, but decided to go eat dinner and drop the game.

Tracking back I think it ended up at a company in China. If dinner isn't ready I'll probably play with the next one too. Bored big time.

Last edited:

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Makes me wonder what he would have countered if your subject line was " a gazillion dollars." Would he have offered a half gazillion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom