Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Exact droptime of .com .net .biz and .org?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregoire

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to hand reg some "not so good" names when they drop but I don't know the exact drop time for the different gTLDS (.com .net .biz and .org).

Does anyone know if they drop at the same time?

Or could someone give me the different drop times?

Thanks, Grégoire.

Domain Days 2024

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gregoire said:
Hi,

I'm trying to hand reg some "not so good" names when they drop but I don't know the exact drop time for the different gTLDS (.com .net .biz and .org).

Does anyone know if they drop at the same time?

Or could someone give me the different drop times?

Thanks, Grégoire.

all .com-s and .net -s are registered right when they drop. So no need to know the drop time. because manually You have no change.

webfreak

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From Tucows:

In general the Registry will drop the domain between day 70 to 75 after the expiration date. However, THERE IS NO METHOD TO DETERMINE EXACTLY WHICH DAY THE DOMAIN WILL DROP. The Registry randomizes the drop process over a 5 day period in order to provide equal opportunity for the general public to re-register the domain.

The big drop catching companies like Pool and SnapNames have sophisticated technology to try and get the domain name at the instant it has been dropped.

mykel241

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have caught many names manually. I usually start at 1:00PM EST for .biz and 2:00PM for .coms, etc.

Mike :)

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I asked the same questions many times with no answer :( but I found it here!

I was going after a LLL.net that I wanted but it was cought snapnames :( and sold at auction.

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot DOT! I'll keep that in mind!

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
search on dnf and there is a thread VERY educating on this subject

don't remember which thread but remember that some drop catcher leaders gave many interesting details e.g. that names are dropping alphabetically at a speed per second and basically having the drop list you can predict the exact second a name will drop (at least smt like this I remember) PLUS lots --lots of tips that you wouldn't get anywhere else ...

mykel241

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ThisDot said:
If you want a much better chance you can use cheap backorders. For $30/mo you can backorder at rates almost equal to normal reg. rates.

I have better luck catching them manually then backordering. Especially at Godaddy.

Mike :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom