Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Exact Match Market

Status
Not open for further replies.

hufster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a resource or insight into the market for exact match search domains across the different extensions. I know there are tons of factors when it comes to putting a value on a domain, but I'm looking to get a better sense of roughly guessing what I could flip a domain to a reseller for. The main extensions I deal with are org, info, biz, and us.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a resource or insight into the market for exact match search domains across the different extensions. I know there are tons of factors when it comes to putting a value on a domain, but I'm looking to get a better sense of roughly guessing what I could flip a domain to a reseller for. The main extensions I deal with are org, info, biz, and us.

Hi

first thing you should realize, is that exact ain't really exact

but....the farther down the tld ladder you go from .com, the less applicable exact match and value will be.

the exceptions are when a term or phrase "fits" the extension

imo...

hufster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey biggedon,

Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with tricks keyword traffic estimators can play on you from my seo ventures. From that I also can appreciate the power of having the exact match domain. I suppose I am looking for insight into the sheer SEO value of domains as opposed to how easy it is to brand or how catchy it sounds.

I'm a programmer so I'm in the process of refining scripts which make it much easier to sort through the masses of daily expiring domains. At this point I need to establish a rough matrix of quantitative values (i.e. CPC / exact match searches / age / # registered extensions) which signal a worthwhile domain.

For example sake, I recently picked up LowerBackPain (.)info at auction. 90,500 Exact Match / $2.98 CPC / 3 yrs old. From an seo perspective this domain can give someone a huge leg up on a very profitable keyword.

Obviously when dealing with ccTLDs you need to modify your numbers to that specific country, but the qualitative values are still there.

Not sure if this question would be better posed elsewhere in the forum? I have browsed around though and this issue does not seem to be talked of much. It rather surprises me because in my mind these things should be one of the dominate selling points in a domain.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey biggedon,

Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with tricks keyword traffic estimators can play on you from my seo ventures. From that I also can appreciate the power of having the exact match domain. I suppose I am looking for insight into the sheer SEO value of domains as opposed to how easy it is to brand or how catchy it sounds.

I'm a programmer so I'm in the process of refining scripts which make it much easier to sort through the masses of daily expiring domains. At this point I need to establish a rough matrix of quantitative values (i.e. CPC / exact match searches / age / # registered extensions) which signal a worthwhile domain.

For example sake, I recently picked up LowerBackPain (.)info at auction. 90,500 Exact Match / $2.98 CPC / 3 yrs old. From an seo perspective this domain can give someone a huge leg up on a very profitable keyword.

Obviously when dealing with ccTLDs you need to modify your numbers to that specific country, but the qualitative values are still there.

Not sure if this question would be better posed elsewhere in the forum? I have browsed around though and this issue does not seem to be talked of much. It rather surprises me because in my mind these things should be one of the dominate selling points in a domain.

over the years, there have been tools that have come along and are now gone

and with each "new" tool, the metrics calculated will vary

now the tool of choice for the masses is GKWT

but years ago, it was Overture

when something else comes out, what metrics will be calculated then to apply to a domain.

the basic selling point for me is actual traffic and revenue a domain produces, and that will remain a constant....now matter what other tool is used to disect a domain

BTW: i just posted some exact match domains for sale :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For example sake, I recently picked up LowerBackPain (.)info at auction. 90,500 Exact Match / $2.98 CPC / 3 yrs old. From an seo perspective this domain can give someone a huge leg up on a very profitable keyword......

For an .info it's better than most info's as far as it being best if the extension fits, as Don mentioned. However .org would be much better since .org works so well with health names.

hufster

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the input. Outside of simply monitoring auction results at sedo or other marketplaces, any suggestions as to how to get a better grasp as to the going rate of these types of domains? I find it quite difficult to get a grasp on this forum due to the fact that many deals are done via pm, sales numbers are more often than not deleted once completed, and even if BINs are initially supplied it by the seller it is difficult to determine if the domain ever came close to selling for that price.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for the input. Outside of simply monitoring auction results at sedo or other marketplaces, any suggestions as to how to get a better grasp as to the going rate of these types of domains?

there are sites out there that keep score of "published" sales

dnjournal.com and namebio are two that come to mind

but even if you find similar name, doesn't mean yours will sell for same or higher

you gotta know the "miscellaneous details" that went along with the negotiation or what the seller did to snag that buyer.

I find it quite difficult to get a grasp on this forum due to the fact that many deals are done via pm, sales numbers are more often than not deleted once completed, and even if BINs are initially supplied it by the seller it is difficult to determine if the domain ever came close to selling for that price.

yeah, now that can be a problem if you're trying to guage values based on sales threads

many buyers want the price of the domain removed, so it won't come back to haunt them when they're trying to sell it.

you know someone will say "you only paid $$ for that name a few months ago, now you want $$,$$$"

no one wants to hear that shiz-zit :)

what you can do though is look at 'domains wanted' section and see what type of domains 'buyers' are looking for and what they're prepared to spend.

and even though pricing may get edited from sale threads, you can still get a "feel" of demand by how 'quickly' the name sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom