Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Exact Search Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun777

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to what you consider a strong exact keyword search number for a domain name? Obviously the higher the better but is 1000 a month good start or a waist of time?

Thanks

Sun777

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
depends on the extension, and to some extent on the topic, CPC, length, etc.. For a .com, 1,000 is pretty good (I like to see a minimum of 250 for a .com). As the extension gets worse, the number of exact matches needs to go up. Before considering a .org, I like to see at least 2400, a .net, 4000+, a .us 10K+. It is still only one variable in determining value, and you shouldn't use that factor only.

sun777

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Here is the problem that I am struggling with. Google Keyword Tool shows a exact search count of 1,000 when you go to Google and type in the 2 words in "s and show the search count for the last 30days its shows a MUCH lower number. Epik appraises the .com domain at $1,900.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some would consider 1K good, some would even consider it low.

If it is a niche product, item, or service then 1K might be exceptional as well as paying a very high CPC.

Also, keep in mind that most results are not extension specific.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are getting the second number from. "Results" from the last 30 days are not the same as searches. If you want to PM me, I'll take a look at the specific name for you and give you my opinion.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
With the keyword tool you'll get two different number for no "s" and with s.
Example (I reg'd these)
solid state drive 1300 for Canada
solid state drives 260 for Canada
Note the plural of drives.

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on what you plan to do with it. If you want to build an adsense site, then no, even 10k searches is not much. If it's going to be a local real estate site with very high commissions then its worth the effort.
But generally it's a waste of time, as even after you grab the first spot on google for the keyword you can only expect no more than a couple hundred visitors per month from it.

Aleksandar

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd say you shouldn't stop on a single keyphrase (even with 40K-50K exact search queries per month) because that single keyphrase can often lead to dozens and dozens (maybe hundreds) of highly related keyphrases that each deliver traffic on a daily basis. Not all people use the same combos when searching.

Few hundred (thousand) queries here, few hundred (thousand) there, and it all builds up quickly.

Naturally build up content around all of them, do some off-site optimization for most of them, and watch the traffic grow.

sun777

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here is how I came to the 2 keywords for the domain. Understand I am trying to develop a process to streamline the steps below.

Current Process
Punched in a specific word into Google Keywords: Sorted the Top 200 words/phrases then took those 200 words/phrases and created domains thru Estibot and checked availability thru Moniker and finally used the appraisal services from Valuate/Epik. After these steps I start to look at whether I want to sell the domain or develop it as either a store or adsense site. The domain in question does not have allot of CB options.

Thanks
Sun777

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That sounds like it took you a lot of time, time is $...dont forget to include the cost of your time u spent searching for the domain into your break even plan for development and revenue generation, whatever your m.o. may be

sun777

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you have any suggestions on how to streamline my process? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom