Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Example Email to End User

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainsforsale88

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good outline to follow when sending an end user an email offering up a domain for sale?

domainsforsale88

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I have already read that but I did get an idea after seeing it again. I appreciate the response!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind end users having the upper hand in the negotiation process, and don't mind being insulted with low ball offers, then by all means use one of these letters, I think I like Elliott's best.

If your really acting on behalf of someone else, I'd say it's a good letter.. But if your not, it's BAD business to misrepresent yourself this way.

Perhaps this is why many buyers have a distrust when approached by brokers or 3rd parties, The so called "broker" is often exposed as the owner during the transaction... I remember cancelling a escrow transaction from a seller for this very reason.. You can think what you want of me for doing this, but I simply refuse to deal with people who lie and misrepresent them self.

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind end users having the upper hand in the negotiation process, and don't mind being insulted with low ball offers, then by all means use one of these letters, I think I like Elliott's best.

If your really acting on behalf of someone else, I'd say it's a good letter.. But if your not, it's BAD business to misrepresent yourself this way.

Perhaps this is why many buyers have a distrust when approached by brokers or 3rd parties, The so called "broker" is often exposed as the owner during the transaction... I remember cancelling a escrow transaction from a seller for this very reason.. You can think what you want of me for doing this, but I simply refuse to deal with people who lie and misrepresent them self.

I've now amended my own sales email as a result of this thread and I'll see if I get better results.

Dear xxxx,

My name is xxxx xxxx, I own the domain name xxxx.

xxxx is now available for sale and I felt it could be an extremely valuable addition to your online marketing efforts.

Should there be any interest, please contact me as soon as you can as I am reaching out to a number of xxxx companies.

Looking forward to discussing with you the availability of xxxx.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
email
website
Tel

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've now amended my own sales email as a result of this thread and I'll see if I get better results.

Dear xxxx,

My name is xxxx xxxx, I own the domain name xxxx.

xxxx is now available for sale and I felt it could be an extremely valuable addition to your online marketing efforts.

Should there be any interest, please contact me as soon as you can as I am reaching out to a number of xxxx companies.

Looking forward to discussing with you the availability of xxxx.

Sincerely,

Name
Address
email
website
Tel

what a crap email

why?

you felt....what!

what research did you perform, to come to such conclusion, that your domain would be an "extremely valuable addition ..to our marketing efforts".

because it has a term in it that is same or similar to ours?

because you went to lr and our email came up in results?

because you know somene in our mkt dept that said we need more domains?

:rolleyes:

i've sent hundreds of those type of solicitations, to junk mail.

:)

grow up, reach farther.... beyond the scripts of the masses

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't claim great success with end-user solicitations, but FWIW, here are a couple examples of different types of letters I have sent. Maybe you can pull an idea or two out of them when composing your own letters.

-------------------------------

Dear [name],

I'm writing to you, and to other lawyers in the [city] area, in my capacity as the owner of the domain (web address) [city]Attorney.com.

Many successful law practices use geographical domains like this (in conjunction with their existing web addresses) to help potential clients find and remember them. Using such a domain also makes you look like the substantial and trustworthy attorney in the [city] area.

Are you are interested in using this domain to gain more clients? I am offering it at just $[price] through a fast, safe escrow transaction. Gaining a single client could more than pay for this one-time purchase, and it would continue to help your business year after year.

Please contact me if you have questions or would like to own this asset.

Sincerely,
[my name]
[email address, containing name of my domain business]
[phone number]

-------------------------------

Dear [name]:

I see that [company] sells a wide array of [category] products.

I own, and am looking to sell, the domain name [category].com. This well-established domain (registered for [xx] years) would be a nice asset for any company looking to capture a larger share of that market.

The price I'm asking is $[price] (via a safe escrow transaction). If you would like to acquire it, or would like more information about the benefits of a category-defining .com domain like this, please contact me by replying to this email, or by phone at [phone number].

Thank you,
[my name]

P.S. I am offering this domain to several suppliers of [category], so if you are interested, please don't delay.

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what a crap email

why?

you felt....what!

what research did you perform, to come to such conclusion, that your domain would be an "extremely valuable addition ..to our marketing efforts".

because it has a term in it that is same or similar to ours?

because you went to lr and our email came up in results?

because you know somene in our mkt dept that said we need more domains?

:rolleyes:

i've sent hundreds of those type of solicitations, to junk mail.

grow up, reach farther.... beyond the scripts of the masses

What's your problem?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's your problem?

what, i wasn't clear enough

i have issue with these type of letters, because they are not sincere, in that there are too many assumptions being made by those who send them.

using terms like valuable for your efforts, or it will make you look trustworthy, as if they don't "look" good already, according to their customers satisfaction reports, angie's list rating, etc. etc, that you probably didn't check.

how can you claim, that a domain will give more or capture more market share or provide more clients...just because you say so?

where is the evidence? what data can you provide to support that.

also, the constant mention of 'i'm also pitching this name to other companies"..... is like a painter saying " if you don't let me paint your house, i'll go ask your neighbor if they want their house painted".

think of it from that viewpoint too, because that's how it can be interpreted

imo...

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what, i wasn't clear enough

i have issue with these type of letters, because they are not sincere, in that there are too many assumptions being made by those who send them.

using terms like valuable for your efforts, or it will make you look trustworthy, as if they don't "look" good already, according to their customers satisfaction reports, angie's list rating, etc. etc, that you probably didn't check.

how can you claim, that a domain will give more or capture more market share or provide more clients...just because you say so?

where is the evidence? what data can you provide to support that.

also, the constant mention of 'i'm also pitching this name to other companies"..... is like a painter saying " if you don't let me paint your house, i'll go ask your neighbor if they want their house painted".

think of it from that viewpoint too, because that's how it can be interpreted

imo...

I get you loud and clear!

You should go visit Adam and Elliot's posts and ask those questions, I'm merely trying different emails that others have shared.

also, the constant mention of 'i'm also pitching this name to other companies"..... is like a painter saying " if you don't let me paint your house, i'll go ask your neighbor if they want their house painted". <<< That's just plain ridiculos. Why? Because even someone like me that apparently needs to "grow up" knows that every domain is unique.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don has a lot of experience; his opinion may sound harsh but he raises valid points. At the end of the day simplicity will lead to more sales in my opinion. End Users don't care about your email pitch; I've tried all the email formats you could possibly think over the years. At the end of the day I sold more domain names to End Users when my email simply included : Domain Name + Price! That's all.

A simple email format like the link I pasted in this thread will do the job. When you get into details about your domain name End Users are either turned off or ask to many questions that results in $0 profit. When you expose your level of intelligence (Domain Names) they get turned off or scared that you know more about them and may be taking advantage of them with pricing. These are the typical End Users that you will come across. End Users are for most part small businesses keep that in mind! When you get into this and that you only confuse them and lose out on selling a domain name for a profit.

I did not always see eye to eye with Big Don but I assure you his honesty on issues we face in this industry is priceless!

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
because they are not sincere,

Exactly, These are business people on the receiving end of these letters, people like us who have heard just about every sales pitch there is, Not only do these lines insult their intelligence but they come off as distrustful, Would you deal with somebody that walked up to you and lied?, that's basically what some of these letters do. And if by chance he's interested in the domain, he responds in kind with a low ball offer, disrespecting you just as you disrespected him.

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would you deal with somebody that walked up to you and lied?, that's basically what some of these letters do. And if by chance he's interested in the domain, he responds in kind with a low ball offer, disrespecting you just as you disrespected him.

Or justs replys with "grow up" or some crap like that.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or justs replys with "grow up" or some crap like that.

when i say "grow up"

it means to grow past what everyone else does, grow your mind outside boxes... that are created for you to think inside of.

is that more palatable, easier to swallow

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
when i say "grow up"

it means to grow past what everyone else does, grow your mind outside boxes... that are created for you to think inside of.

is that more palatable, easier to swallow

Yeah absolutely, I can accept that and know exactly what you mean.

I did not take it that way, I took it as being a demeaning comment.

I do understand how folk can have issues with receiving such emails as has been discussed in this thread as I also receive them.

I apologise for being shitty with you and hope we can move on from this.:peace:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom