Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

For Sale Example of insane Pool & Namewinner bids

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is a new thread involving a name mentioned by toho, mytrade.com.

Originally posted by toho This domain is not one word.com but I feel good and brandable. Pool.com got this. Finally, winning price rised US$3,180. Winner set up US$6,201 max bid (Proxy bid) I intended bid around US$2K last minute. But I did not do anything and quite surprised...Pool.com is nice business model.

Toho, the bids of from $3,000 to $6,201 are amazing? If real bids, that's the most overpriced domain I ever heard of. When I first glanced at this thread I thought it was an expired name avail for a reg fee only, and quickly debated if it was worth a reg fee or not.

As you pointed out, it is merely one of a zillion brandable names, and brandable names are a dime a dozen, in fact, most all are utterly worthless. But if someone fell in love with this name (and wanted to spend time and money branding it), and also valued its having 26 returns on Suggestion Tool (BTW, which I find to be suspect and likely not valid), then perhaps it may be worth approx' $100 or so.

You guys who participate in the insane bidding at Namewinner and Pool really need to evaluate if the names are worth even a fraction of the ridiculous bids. Almost every name I have seen there are overbidded by approx' 5 to 10 times (or more) of their real value. IMHO mytrade.com was incredibly over-priced, even a lot more than 5 to 10 times :eek:

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When someone goes after a name though, they aren't really going to care what your IMHO is. It could easily be the next coming of etrade.com. MyTrade.com is very nice and I don't have any issues with it selling for as much as it did. Of course stocks are not something I am good at or good with so it would be useless to me. Probably a different story for the winner of the name.

toho

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RealNames,

This is interesting topic for me. But it is difficult to discussion about this things by English for me, because of the language barrier.

I do not know I have naming ability or not.
But I feel this is good site name for Auction, Stocks (Day trader or something), Escrow site.
I think US$3K is not so expensive for site developer.
I did not know who got this. But winner set up proxy bid US$6K.
This is interesting.
Winner is not end user or site builder, even not IdeaLab!. 98% sure I think.
I intended bid US$2K. Because I like this. Not for resell.
If for resell, I do not want spend four figures.(except 2-3 letter.com & one word domains) :)

But sometimes, I feel good, I will bid over US$500.
ex: ForeverYoung.com, MotionMedia.com, CyberMix.com...etc, may be.
Also I did not bid JapanInfo.com over US$100 tonight at NW.
These kind of domains, I feel not so good for site name. Not so cool.This is my feeling, other people I do not know.
I agree MyTrade.com was over bid. Even if US$2K.
This name is not so cool, buy I feel good impression ,friendly and easy to remember. Good name for E-Commerce site.
I am interesting widen other's perspectives through being exposed to different values. But I have language barrier.

English.... :(

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mytrade.com is a good name.

but $6K is certainly overpriced.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by toho
I am interesting widen other's perspectives through being exposed to different values. But I have language barrier.

English.... :(

Don't worry about the language barrier Toho - you are doing great. I have no problem understanding what you have to say. Thanks for your input. :)

toho

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Duke.

I always read your thoughtful post many other thread. :)

Originally posted by Duke

Don't worry about the language barrier Toho - you are doing great. I have no problem understanding what you have to say. Thanks for your input. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom