Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Excel Help for domain list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I need some help with excel. I have a list of names that have dropped today and I pasted them in excel. Now I want to get Excel to filter them by length and post them in a new column. How would I do that? For instance, I want to have name <=5 in one column not counting the .com extension I guess if we were counting all characters it would be <=9 but anyways if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Domain Days 2024

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mywire.com said:
Hi everyone, I need some help with excel. I have a list of names that have dropped today and I pasted them in excel. Now I want to get Excel to filter them by length and post them in a new column. How would I do that? For instance, I want to have name <=5 in one column not counting the .com extension I guess if we were counting all characters it would be <=9 but anyways if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
I am sure there is an easier way to do this, however this is how I would do it:

Assuming the names are in column A, find the number of characters in each name by inserting the function =LEN(A1) in column B and drag down (or ctrl shift end, edit fill down)
Then insert the function =IF(B1<10,A1) in column C
and drag down (or ctrl shift end, edit fill down)
This will list in column C all the names that are 9 characters or less including the .com extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom