Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Website Experiment: $1,000 budget to build small portfolio

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
**Some domains bought. I'm not looking for any more domains to add to this portfolio for the time being. Thank you.**

So, I'd like to conduct a small experiment.

I want to build a new portfolio. I'm going to invest no more than $1,000 on this (including registration fees). The idea behind this is that I want to see how much money I can make from that initial $1,000 investment in lower-priced domains by the end of 2008, without any time-consuming tasks such as developing any of the domains, etc. Just pure reselling or parking.

Therefore, I'm currently looking to buy domains at affordable prices. As said, total budget for this is $1,000:

Only send .com domains, please. Also, let's stick to generics and don't send "brandable" domains, please. I know that I won't get a one-word generic for $1,000, so feel free to also send lower-quality domains, although I will evaluate all domains carefully and try to only buy the best names offered to me, of course. Domains with existing traffic and parking revenue will be preferred, too. I'm especially looking for domains that I can quickly flip to end-users for a profit, so keep that in mind.

I'm not going to spend the total $1,000 on one or two domains only but I want to build a small diversified portfolio of 10-50 domains.

On a last note, I do NOT buy adult domains, gambling domains or TM-infringing domains.

Now, I'm looking forward to your domain offers. Send all offers via PM or post them in this thread, please.

garptrader

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Only send .com domains, please. Also, let's stick to generics and don't send "brandable" domains, please. Domains with existing traffic and parking revenue will be preferred, too. I'm especially looking for domains that I can quickly flip to end-users for a profit, so keep that in mind. I'm not going to spend the total $1,000 on one or two domains only but I want to build a small diversified portfolio of 20-50 domains.

I believe it is highly unlikely that current domain registrants are going to part with quality generic .com domains with existing traffic for $50 or less. Registrants can list their names at SEDO, Afternic or other auction marketplaces with reach to the end user without going through a "distributor." You might be able to acquire decent quality names in a foreign language or with IDNs or by scouring the drop lists at Snapnames or Namejet. Best of luck.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe it is highly unlikely that current domain registrants are going to part with quality generic .com domains with existing traffic for $50 or less. Registrants can list their names at SEDO, Afternic or other auction marketplaces with reach to the end user without going through a "distributor." You might be able to acquire decent quality names in a foreign language or with IDNs or by scouring the drop lists at Snapnames or Namejet. Best of luck.
1) I am very well aware of that. That is why I said I was not looking for quality generic domains, as you say. I'm ready and willing to buy lower-quality domains, but they have to be keyword domains that would be of value to end users. That is what I mean by "generic". This being said, the domains can be low-quality two-word or better three- to four-word domains.

2) I didn't say I was only looking for traffic domains. I said that traffic was a plus, but it's certainly not required.

3) I'm willing to pay more than $50 per domain if I think I can spend more on it and still flip it for a profit. The *average* price would be up to $50, though, which is portfolio wide. To make this clear let me give this extreme example: I might buy one domain for $900 and 50 domains at $2 each.

I know a bit about domains and I'm not escapist, so don't be afraid I'm going to buy your high-value domains for $50. :) Just looking for domains of lower value that can still be sold to end users for a profit.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you may have posted this by mistake in the wrong forum Dominik. If you're looking for 20-50 generic .coms with a budget of $1,000, you certainly won't find them here. You need the $1+ forum.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you may have posted this by mistake in the wrong forum Dominik. If you're looking for 20-50 generic .coms with a budget of $1,000, you certainly won't find them here. You need the $1+ forum.
Hey Dale! :) I thought the name of this forum section would indicate the total budget, but I'll ask a mod to move the thread into the $1+ forum if it actually describes the budget per domain. Thanks for posting!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey Dominik - long time no see! Thought that might get your attention :D Good luck bud!

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mored to the correct forum.

zuve

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
pm sent

Techs4Less

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PM Sent. Looking forward to your response. Good Luck on your challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom