Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Expired hotmail.com e-mail address

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This is not related to the domain expiry.

I just wonder what will happen to the "expired" hotmail e-mail accounts.

Will the username be deleted, so the new user can use it?

Q

qak

Hotmail accounts are purged after 6 months of inactivity.

Q

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stealing dnames is a no-no.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I thought they were purged after 3 months.

-WC-

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hotmail accounts are not always purged on time, sometimes it takes over a year for them to be purged.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by options
Stealing dnames is a no-no.

:laugh:

We all have been tempted by doing this.

-Bob

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just as an aside. I have put the whole of Yahoo and Hotmail on my blocked mail domain list. I'm fed up with spam and virus mail and if you want to write to me you can get a proper email addy or use the one that your isp gives you.

cxz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Increase your computer's security. Making defaults unsecure is unfair to ordinary internet users.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I can't remember the last sensible communication I got from a Yahoo or Hotmail account, that's why I blocked them recently. It's not a security issue for me, it's a way of cutting out all the lamers and cheats. Why would anyone use such an account for any serious legitimate communication. Ask yourself what you would think of a domain dealer using a hotmail account for example.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You don't have children, brothers, sisters, parents, neighbors, or friends who might use a hotmail or yahoo account?

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shiftlock
You don't have children, brothers, sisters, parents, neighbors, or friends who might use a hotmail or yahoo account?

They don't do business on the net.

M

mole

Why would anyone want a hotmail account, especially seasoned domainers :confused:

One of the first ways to spot spam is to look for the word hotmail.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i have 10 odd hotmail accounts and the reason!!

everytime i submit a clients web site, some link sites need a valid email address to approve a submission. so every now and again i have to login and clear 1000's of "thankyou for your submission" lol

M

mole

Reportedly, 80% plus of all mail to hotmail accounts are unwanted mail.

From a business point of view, Hotmail not only says your business is cheap, it also says you are a potential spammer waiting for a fish to bite.

Hotmail's image is being destroyed today by spammers who use it to collect live email verifications -- spammers who collectively have more than tripled the volume of worldwide spam in just the past 12 months alone.

Shiftlock

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really hope nobody here even considers stealing domains. I like to think the DNF community is above that type of shady tactic.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
There is really GREAT one word .net name that is about to drop and has an email address that is unused / available to register.

Temptation temptation. I resisted it. I am waiting for it to drop.

-Bob

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jh3
lol, mole I think we all know why he want's an expired hotmail account. He found a domain name he wants and the admin/billing contact uses a hotmail account that is no longer active. If he could get control of that email he could put in a transfer on the domain. I believe that's why options sais stealing domains is a no-no. :O)

I am tempted to do so. :)

Last time I was helping a customer to gain ownership of his domain by registering the expired domain, where his inactive e-mail account hosted. Then I captured the e-mail to approve the transfer.

However, I am more interested in getting some cool hotmail.com accounts. Don't know why... probably inherited from hobby of collecting good names. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom