Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Explorer 7 problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenlogo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with the new IE7?

I downloaded it last week and have serious linkage problems. About 20% of my regular used websites wouldn't open (sometimes they would, othertimes not). I would be half way thru a long registration process with Ebay and then wouldnt be able to load the next page. Sometimes I was able to fix the problem by by restarting, only to have access denied later in the same session. I checked the support site and the only reference to a problem dealt with linking to IE6 sites (?). I downloaded the fix program "User Agent String Utility" and found it totally ineffective. Finally I just uninstalled and went back to good ol' problem free IE6. I'm not running anything exotic: just a late model Toshiba Satellite with HomeXP. I DID like the new IE7 interface, too bad it doesn't work.
-zen

Domain Days 2024

nomis135

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
go download it in a few months Microsoft will have fixed the bugs as this is just a beta version filled with bugs like all the new Microsoft software.

zenlogo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought the beta stage was over, I got it as a microsoft initiated 'update'.
But your right, I'll just hang in till the problems are sorted out.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had problems with IE7 too, mostly with secure shopping cart pages [e.g. domainsite.com], they simply don't work in the browser. I'm also not happy with the overall layout, been using it for a couple of weeks, and I still can't figure out why they put the main buttons way over on the far right side. I bet they lose another huge browser market share percentage once IE7 settles in. If their stature equaled their level of innovation as of late, no one would know who Microsoft is.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
:D It's definitely a creative one.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've got it installed on four computers. One works absolutely fine, one it crashes consistently, and two more it will not display google adsense ads. That last part is priceless because on our office computers which are identical in every way it works on one but not the other when it comes to displaying adsense.

Yet another lousy MS product release to say the least. The only good thing I can say about it is they did a decent job at the RSS feed display.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
For blogging, RSS etc tools, Flock at Flock.com is a great Mozilla browser.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
... I'm also not happy with the overall layout, been using it for a couple of weeks, and I still can't figure out why they put the main buttons way over on the far right side.
Ditto on your comments. I've been using IE7 for 2 weeks and it feels like a step backward from 6.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom