Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Extending auction end time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrashid

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

does anybody know if it's possible to extend an auction's end time after the auction thread has been created?

Thanks for your help.

H

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why would you want to extend it?

and how would that be fair to others who are counting on the auction to end at a specific time and date, as stated originally?

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If the thread is created and you have no bidders (so effectively the auction has not started), you could ask one of the Moderators if they would agree to make the change for you. Once an auction has started and first bidder is in, you have an obligation to stick to the agreed terms.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the thread is created and you have no bidders (so effectively the auction has not started), you could ask one of the Moderators if they would agree to make the change for you. Once an auction has started and first bidder is in, you have an obligation to stick to the agreed terms.

Hi

actually, if one starts an auction here, say in "$1 Auction" section, they must state a fixed ending time and date.

so, theoretically, the auction has begun, once the OP hits the post button and the thread is created.

now, in that section "all auctions must last a minimum of 72 hours", therefore if no bids in that period, and if the OP states that it should only last 72hrs, then the auction would end.
the OP could restart another auction for the same domain "7 days later".

It's your choice to set the amount of time for your auction, but it must last at least "72hours" if posted in that section.

one could post an "anti-sniping" rule, where it could extend an extra "5 minutes" if someone bids in the final 3 minutes.

moderators are not here to change the terms of your auctions, you should manage your own sales threads. Setting them to extend or end at a period which will deliver the results you desire.

i do agree though, that "once an auction has started, that you have an obligation to abide by the original terms of the sale/advertisement/auction,etc.."

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Once the auction started - nothing should be changed.
If no one make a bid then there is no interest. Extend the auction time would not help.

hrashid

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt replies.

That's what I thought and it makes sense. I just wanted to check.

My actually has actually sparked some interest, I just realized that I could've given it a later expiry time, but no big deal.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom