Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you see what i cant get my head round is ive been online for what 8 years ok, and i cant see how people look for a website, with a .net/org, etc domain.
ive always looked for .com, do people actually put them extensionsin when there looking for something? i just spoke to my wife there who said shes never looked for a website with a .net/org/etc, so who does and why?
ive seen a few domains that are available, that are .net/org/ but im thinking no ones gonna go there because there not.com.
help a newbie
thanks

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The way to look on it is so you would only visit ******.com, even though another site with a different extension had a better reputation, cheaper, more choice?

Or put another way you only ever vote for the party that is in governement at the time?

And of course you never visit a government website or an academic website?

More and more people are visiting other gTLD's and ccTLD's because of advertising and looking for alternatives, otherwise the internet would be a simple monopolistic archive, and it would most definately not be growing in popularity as a market place and information source.

May I humbly suggest that you start looking at domains with other suffixes, you will be amazed at just how much of the internet your wife and yourself have missed.

All the best.

sonobby1

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input will take your advice

DaveZilla

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Far fewer people do know to look at .org or .net or country TLD's. The internet is still new.

Alan Glennon

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Certainly, .com is the powerhouse, and generally the only one that will get significant type-in traffic. The exception would be generics concerning a country's internal commerce. For instance, I would expect vancouver.ca to get huge type-in traffic, and also taxi.XX, where xx is nearly anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom