Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise ExternalDrives.com - developed site

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Kazzia

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain is valued at $29,062 with Estibot. Developed site with Amazon and Adsense. Any comments or valuations, appraisals welcomed. I will be selling this and want to know what to price it at, and reserve to be.

Thanks.

Domain summit 2024

ulterios

Don't look back, it's confusing!
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
First things is don't even worry about what estibot says a domain is worth. The valuations are pretty much worthless in most cases. Second, if you want some kind of accurate estimate of a ballpark value we would need to know more about the details. Things like, monthly unique visitors to the website, monthly AdSense earnings, any other affiliate or advertising revenue, website/domain age.

Since it's only filled with Amazon associate products from the look of things, that isn't going to play into it's value. Also, since the site is technically developed but not highly developed since it seems to be just a lot of Amazon associate products, unless it gets good AdSense and other advertising earnings, it probably won't play much into the value or at least not that much. If it had more content like maybe a nice size blog with articles about related topics or lots of reviews on products then that would help.

Knowing more details will help to give a better and more accurate estimate.

P.S. Estibot gave me an appraisal for $10 for a site I have that makes $1000+ per month. Also, their automated appraisals are not usually considered/used by most veteran domainers.

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still a good domain, maybe low x,xxx$, but the site itself is not that valuable, if it's a custom designed site by a good developer, maybe you get the the Estibot price.

ulterios

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Domain is valued at $29,062 with Estibot. Developed site with Amazon and Adsense. Any comments or valuations, appraisals welcomed. I will be selling this and want to know what to price it at, and reserve to be.

Thanks.
Were you planning on selling it as a complete site?

More than likely as it stands now with the site, you'll probably get about the same if you sold just the domain by itself since the site isn't very developed.

It is going to need a lot of development of the site to get anywhere near the estibot price, and that cost either time, money or both.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just don't see it fetching $x,xxx. I would personally dump it to a reseller at $xxx.

Kazzia

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, the site is not so impressive and I agree that it does not add much or any value. I dont know how to really develop sites too well, or do proper SEO, so will likely just sell it as is, unless I find someone who can build it out and SEO it for a reasonable price or do a revenue share on it or something. As is do you think I should ask about $5k for it, or??

ulterios

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, the site is not so impressive and I agree that it does not add much or any value. I dont know how to really develop sites too well, or do proper SEO, so will likely just sell it as is, unless I find someone who can build it out and SEO it for a reasonable price or do a revenue share on it or something. As is do you think I should ask about $5k for it, or??
You can ask $5k for it, but you will probably be sitting on it for a while at that price. If you start around $2k you'll probably have a better chance of making a sale and have better responses.

Kazzia

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, I figure the market will tell me the value. I just put it up at Namejet (the first time I am trying them). (Anyone know if that is a good outlet to sell?). I did put in a reserve (they advised not to for more bidders), but very low.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators