Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

fabulous Fabulous.com - $6.60 .com transfer promotion

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Fabulous.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

In an effort to support the domain community, we have decided to offer $6.60 transfers of .com's for a limited time. This promotion will be valid until September 30th, 2008. Please note that customers must fund their account(s) via Wire Transfer to be eligible for the discount. Please contact Your Account Representative or [email protected] to take advantage of this special.

Also, as you may already know, in the coming months domain registries VeriSign (.com and .net), Afilias (.info), and Public Interest Registry (.org) will be raising their pricing. As a result, we will be adjusting domain registrations, renewals and transfers costs as per below:

.com - $7.30 (1-Oct-08)
.net - $5.35 (1-Oct-08)
.org - $7.25 (1-Nov-08)
.info - $7.25 (1-Nov-08)

With the price increase just 30 days away, now may be a good time to bulk renew your premium names already at Fabulous and transfer in those .com's you have registered elsewhere.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Domain Days 2024

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice promotion, shame about the wire transfer only. For me the savings would be lost in transfer fees and FX conversion.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, a CC option would be so much better even if it costs say 3% or so more.

Mike, can Fab offer assistance getting those troublesome transfer codes?

I also wonder why other ext can not be included (maybe at a different cost but still discounted), especially org and us?

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. The reason we are only offering discounts to those that fund their accounts via wire transfer, is because of the fees associated with credit cards.

Prices for all other extensions are already quite low, with very little margin to move. At the $6.60 price for .com's we are actually making a loss.

trader - drop me a note with details of the registrar you are trying to get Auth Codes from and I'll see what I can do.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do Fabulous take paypal ?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - drop me a note with details of the registrar you are trying to get Auth Codes from and I'll see what I can do. Cheers, Mike Fabulous.com

Hi Mike, Thanks for the offer. I would love to transfer my names to you but only if I can transfer *all* including several extensions not on your list and cc's.

The reason for that is I have spent most every day for more than a year working hard on consolidating all my names at one registrar (which is something I highly recommend everyone does for easy management) and don't want to waste all that work with names split between 2 registrars.

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Yes. But not sure if it's working with the mentioned deal.

Hi Mike, Thanks for the offer. I would love to transfer my names to you but only if I can transfer *all* including several extensions not on your list and cc's.

The reason for that is I have spent most every day for more than a year working hard on consolidating all my names at one registrar (which is something I highly recommend everyone does for easy management) and don't want to waste all that work with names split between 2 registrars.

You cannot avoid second registrar while dealing with Fab.
The secondary takes care of exotic ext.

My case:
Fab: com, net, org, (info-transfers)
Moniker: the rest
GD: special deals only (info, tv)

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i was also disappointed by the "wire transfer" clause

i always use all my parking revenue to register more domains, so there are no credit card fees in my case...

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

In an effort to support the domain community, we have decided to offer $6.60 transfers of .com's for a limited time. This promotion will be valid until September 30th, 2008. Please note that customers must fund their account(s) via Wire Transfer to be eligible for the discount. Please contact Your Account Representative or [email protected] to take advantage of this special.

Also, as you may already know, in the coming months domain registries VeriSign (.com and .net), Afilias (.info), and Public Interest Registry (.org) will be raising their pricing. As a result, we will be adjusting domain registrations, renewals and transfers costs as per below:

.com - $7.30 (1-Oct-08)
.net - $5.35 (1-Oct-08)
.org - $7.25 (1-Nov-08)
.info - $7.25 (1-Nov-08)

With the price increase just 30 days away, now may be a good time to bulk renew your premium names already at Fabulous and transfer in those .com's you have registered elsewhere.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

I sent you a PM, please answer.

Mike

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

We do accept PayPal, however, to be eligible for this promotion, we do require that you fund your account via wire transfer. Or if you have parking revenue in your account, you can also use that.

Hi trader, I understand your concern. Currently we only support .com, .net, .org and .info.

It's possible that we will offer other extensions, however, nothing is planned for the foreseeable future. I will definitely let you know of any developments.

i was also disappointed by the "wire transfer" clause

i always use all my parking revenue to register more domains, so there are no credit card fees in my case...

If you have sufficient parking revenue, you are also eligible for the $6.60 promotion. Just drop you Account Rep or support an email with your username and they will fix you up.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Mike
Fabulous.com

I sent you a PM, please answer.

Mike

Hi Sheva,

Just replied to your PM.

Mike

Sheva

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike, am having lot of problems transferring domains, one of your staff told me you will going to contact me soon but I didn't get your email.

please contact me.

Mike Robertson

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Sheva,

Can you please send me a PM with the details of the problem you are encountering.

Thanks,

Mike
Fabulous.com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I just registered my first domain at Fabulous, with the new, low pricing (as compared to everyone else!)

I am impressed by the speed and efficiency of the Fabulous back-end. I plan to move there the majority of my domains.

Many thanks to Mike for such a great deal.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just registered my first domain at Fabulous, with the new, low pricing (as compared to everyone else!)

I am impressed by the speed and efficiency of the Fabulous back-end. I plan to move there the majority of my domains.

Many thanks to Mike for such a great deal.

ditto.

P.S. ppc monetization can work good too and support is top-notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom