Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Facebook and the "face" trademark tjing

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, i own a very good domain which is face***.com. I registered this domain in 2000. Way before even facebook was born. If facebook ever decides to go after my domain will the be able to do anything to me or force me to give up the domain? Will i have a fighting chance. I mean facebook was founded 4 years after i registered the name.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you're ok, as long as you don't do anything on the domain related to Facebook.

Actually, I would argue 'facebook' itself is a generic term. Could anyone tm a word like 'directory' or 'yearbook'? Same thing to me, facebooks have been around since the 80's.

donkon

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah this whole "face" debacle is ridiculous, facebook must have bribed someone at uspto to get that tm approved.

euphoria

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"yeah this whole "face" debacle is ridiculous, facebook must have bribed someone at uspto to get that tm approved."

couldn't have put it better myself.

Infoproliferati

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You should be fine with your domain. Frankly, this "face" trademark is rather silly. Facebook is already a great trademark. I can't envision FB using "face" for any worthwhile branding. A lot of these big companies are so obsessed with brand protection and projection. It is ridiculous.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess it depends what the "*'s" are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom