Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Facebook just spent another $2 billion dollars!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This seems more of a Google buy than something Mark would be interested in. What's the practical application of VR to social networking? Is he finally expanding the business to other areas?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You can now scroll through your FACEbook, get it? :D

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed by this news. I was really excited about Oculus before, but now I'm not.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And the Oculus horror movie is coming out soon :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am on both sides of this...great news, but why face book? Oculus was big deal, THE hot news at SXSW. Not at all surprised it was purchased...but I also wonder what will Facebook do with this.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am on both sides of this...great news, but why face book? Oculus was big deal, THE hot news at SXSW. Not at all surprised it was purchased...but I also wonder what will Facebook do with this.

Keep the patents out of the hands of Google.

Or Farmville just got real.

Mazkel

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It apparently works well with the Virtuix Omni which is currently raising a $2 million round (following a successful Kickstarter campaign). The round closes 3/31. I've participated and they're looking for accredited investors.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's a blend of the holodeck, mixed with some virtual mind reading, with a little concept implantation, after you get used to it.....later you'll be assimilated as one of the borg

cuz, don't forget, FB already got your face, Apple got your fingerprints, InstaG got pics of your friends/family & their locations and Twit got your writing profile.
and Goog knows everything you search for.

all this and some still try to hide behind private whois

:)

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I just can't stand the flat Oculus screen on people's faces, looks like someone took a shovel and smacked them with it face on :D

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just can't stand the flat Oculus screen on people's faces, looks like someone took a shovel and smacked them with it face on :D
If you're enjoying the experience, then I think it doesn't matter how you look.

Sort of like how you might react while you're enjoying a scary movie. I know I probably look dumb, and I do know that I embarrass my wife, but who cares, I'm having a good time. I do try not to scream too much.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I first put a VR set on back in 1992 and it didn't look as bad as the Oculus/Facebook combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom