Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

facesof.me

Status
Not open for further replies.

leslieprospers

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was told by a domainer that if this name is used for social networking I will possibly be sued by facebook. Right now I'm not worried about it because it's not being used at all. But the word "faces" is a common name or used by everyone so how can you be sued by using the word "faces" - some thing that everyone has. What if it used as a dating site? (that's my real intention"

Thanks eveyrone.

D

Deleted member 111831

Anyone can be sued for anything but I wouldn't sweat this one, especially with Facebook. There are many medium to large websites using 'facebook' in their domain and Facebook doesn't seem to care. Same with Twitter.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Facebook doesn\'t seem to care.

They cared enough to dispute Teachbook\'s registration. Just look it up online, though that\'s
probably because Teachbook has money to burn.

As Facebook said, though, they\'re not going after anyone just because of the word \"face\" or
\"book\" on their own. They just don\'t want anyone using either word to essentially ride on its
popularity as a social networking site.

Obviously lots of people feel strongly against them. Just be aware what you might get into,
OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom