Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Failed Prophocies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
About a month ago a few prophets predicted the demise of DNForum.com.

I'm here to declare, the prophets were dead wrong. Yesterday we broke the all time users online with 71 users online. DNForum.com Alexa Avg. Traffic Rank has dropped to 4,939 (lower the better). We're up to 1,498 members strong. We are a vibrant community of domain name resellers.

What are those same prophets predicting now?

D

DomainNameFactory

I think it's because of my 180+ posts in 10 days :)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
About a month ago a few prophets predicted the demise of DNForum.com.

Weren't they the same prophets who denied they knew Jesus (3) times when asked if they knew him??

Just asking...:D

izopod

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This was my prediction posted on 9-14-02 when the news broke.

"Very cool GregR. As a businessman I have to admire the way you were able to conduct yourself throughout and still get the prize you wanted without pissing everyone off! That is an art form in itself and you have obviously mastered it. I also think the purchase will wind up proving to be a good business decision. "

P.S. I win the prognostication pool. Please deposit an additional 1,000 DNF bucks in my account. :)

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1,500+ Members now

1,000th was my wife by the way ;)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's great, Greg. :) I'd be curious how much bandwidth per month the site is using, being ranked in the top 5000 of Alexa.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but we didn't do much other than stay out of the way of a rolling snowball. :D

Kbeb

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Greg on your latest achievement. I knew you could do it!:) ;)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats Gregr

Now sell a chunk to me!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComster

1,000th was my wife by the way ;)

Welcome Mrs. DotComster!!!!! Congrats on being #1,000!!

Izopod

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is really a great community that we have here.

It's big enough to have lively and varied discussions, yet small enough so that we are able to get to know each other personally.

Keep up the good work everyone! :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

Weren't they the same prophets who denied they knew Jesus (3) times when asked if they knew him??

Just asking...:D

izopod

Since you asked...

This denial incident was prophesied by Jesus and was fulfilled by Peter. I do not believe that either are false prophets.

Peter later received forgiveness... which is a scarce commodity on the internet and in life... both then and now. Ah well... we are just humans.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase

Since you asked...

This denial incident was prophesied by Jesus and was fulfilled by Peter. I do not believe that either are false prophets.

Peter later received forgiveness... which is a scarce commodity on the internet and in life... both then and now. Ah well... we are just humans.

Thanks for that biblical interpretation Domebase. You are correct that peter was forgiven, but If my memory serves me correct he asked to be forgiven first.

Sometimes I use humor as a way of mending bonds. This was my way of doing some "mendin" :D

izopod

L

lhague

....Im proud to be here with a great mixture of web talents.......never been in a forum before, guess I was lucky to find the best first off!.......

Over the past year since doing stuff on internet my husband and I have generated an optin list of 1000 + DNFORUM is included in our ads as a good web resource!.......

keep up the good work gregr........all the best

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lhague

keep up the good work gregr........all the best

Thanks Lynne, BTW I didn't get a chance to mention the other day, that was a nice pair of .... eyes you showed us at the Post Party. :eek:

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

Thanks Lynne, BTW I didn't get a chance to mention the other day, that was a nice pair of .... eyes you showed us at the Post Party. :eek:

I knew i shouldnt have left to buy those shoes that early :D

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ciqala, I must admit... you have the funniest avatar on DnForum!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

Thanks for that biblical interpretation Domebase. You are correct that peter was forgiven, but If my memory serves me correct he asked to be forgiven first.

Sometimes I use humor as a way of mending bonds. This was my way of doing some "mendin" :D

izopod

I like Peter. I find him encouraging because he is so human and yet was so instrumental in getting good things started. There is hope for us all :). I am pretty certain that I would have wound up also chickening out under similar circumstances. I think that he did not explicitly ask for forgiveness and that the interaction that resulted in forgiveness was initiated by Jesus....but... to bring transfer this from the good book to the internet (folks may wonder what the connection is!)...

I have valued your friendship and regret if listing links to forum "X" after the forum divorce hurt that friendship. I have tried to steer a right path... working in a positive manner on forum "X" and not being negative about forum "Y"... and I think I avoided posting any links to "X" on "Y"... nonetheless I may have stepped on on or two old friend's toes (such as yours) and I, too, am interested in mending those relationships.

You are right. Humor plays a very important role in relationships and in diffusing potentially negative interactions. If you look at some of the threads on this forum, you will see how talented folks have avoided or put out flames with disarming humor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom