Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Failure to pay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently accepted an offer on one of my domains but the buyer has not responded in 10 days.

Now this deal was made on another forum but the user is also active on DNF.

How long should I wait before leaving bad feedback and creating a warning thread on both forums?

Thanks,
Shane

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
10 days is long overdue.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently accepted an offer on one of my domains but the buyer has not responded in 10 days.

Now this deal was made on another forum but the user is also active on DNF.

How long should I wait before leaving bad feedback and creating a warning thread on both forums?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

know how you feel, it's happened to me plenty of times over the years.

but so far, I haven't left anyone negative feedback for it

cuz, I truly believe that....what goes around, comes around.

Good Luck!

imo...

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
10 days is long overdue.

Thanks for the input, Katherine.

Hi Shane

know how you feel, it's happened to me plenty of times over the years.

but so far, I haven't left anyone negative feedback for it

cuz, I truly believe that....what goes around, comes around.

Good Luck!

imo...

Biggie,

Shouldn't the itrader rating be reflective of all transactions to give a balanced view of the person's business practices?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggie,

Shouldn't the itrader rating be reflective of all transactions to give a balanced view of the person's business practices?

to me, there is no "transaction"...

unless a domain is pushed/transferred and/or a form of payment sent.

everything else is negotiation.

however, that's my personal viewpoint.

still, if the negotiation did not happened on dnf, then I wouldn't leave negative rating here.

but feel free to exercise your prerogatives and options, at your discretion.

imo....

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Was the transaction agreed to in escrow? Was there a contract signed? If so - I would say to clearly communicate with the person behind the scenes and try to get the deal done as it has only been 10 days. If the person never responds...I think naming the person as a warning to other domainers is a good thing to do. Time is too valuable to deal with time wasters & deadbeats.

If it was just an email confirmation - it still is valid in my book, but I usually let those go as there was not an extra step taken to confirm the deal....still though - the person should follow through and it is very frustrating, but not worth the time, energy and stress IMO.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Biggie's viewpoint is very enlightened.

If there is a contractual commitment, that is different.

If not, rise above it and move on to better things. Holding on to (and perpetuating) negativity is toxic.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Obviously there was a commitment on the part of the buyer, otherwise the seller would not be awaiting payment. You should leave proper feedback on the site where the deal fell thru, save others a lot of time down the road. I am not sure what other sort of negative feedback can be left in a domain forum, other than not paying?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Buyer finally responded through DNF. Deal has now been completed. Thank you all of you for giving me some valuable advice.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buyer finally responded through DNF. Deal has now been completed. Thank you all of you for giving me some valuable advice.

Cool!

Glad you closed on the deal.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also, you should remember that it's the holiday season and deals fall through because of it. I got burnt on a buy that Thanksgiving got in the way of (even made a down pay to show severity). Down pay refunded, domain sold to someone else, thread created (mysteriously deleted and brought back too...) and negative feedback left (which somehow got removed...).

Good job on the belated sale though. Glad you got it resolved without naming and shaming... as well as some Yen.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:yo: Good News

now what are we going to do with this rope... :pound:

nice to see it worked out...

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For future reference, 10 days is not a long time considering that the holiday's just passed and this is the first "Business Day" in weeks. Also, depending on the amount, sometimes deals take weeks to close. Guy's have to move money from here to there, do additional research on the name so they do not get burnt, etc.

Glad to see you completed the transaction though.

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For future reference, 10 days is not a long time considering that the holiday's just passed and this is the first "Business Day" in weeks. Also, depending on the amount, sometimes deals take weeks to close. Guy's have to move money from here to there, do additional research on the name so they do not get burnt, etc.

Glad to see you completed the transaction though.

The specifics you mentioned above such as additional research on the domain etc.. should be done before you make a deal, or the seller requests payment... That type of mentality is why so many deadbeat bidders exist. As for the holidays, everyone has access to a computer, and internet, I do not know anyone who can go 48 hours without checking email, facebook, etc... More than enough time to make payment, that is what the digital age is about...

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you make a deal with somebody and can not close it immediately, the burden is on you to communicate. There is no good excuse for leaving a seller hanging even 10 days, when a 2-sentence email would put them at ease.

Having said that, in business sometimes shit happens. You have to expect that not everybody will live by the same code.

Let this be a reminder that little details like when and how payment is expected should always be addressed in your agreements. That could avoid this unpleasantness altogether, or at least give a roadmap for how to handle it.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The specifics you mentioned above such as additional research on the domain etc.. should be done before you make a deal, or the seller requests payment... That type of mentality is why so many deadbeat bidders exist. As for the holidays, everyone has access to a computer, and internet, I do not know anyone who can go 48 hours without checking email, facebook, etc... More than enough time to make payment, that is what the digital age is about...

I dunno. I come from a rural area. If it snowed, everything went out and had to wait for DirecTV to come out and realign my dish cause satellite internet (albeit capped at 400mb every 4 hours till you went to 56k speeds) was better than a 56k modem connecting at 14k and no cell service.

I'm sure times have changed though. ;)

I don't know how I could live there again after being able to download at 2 megabytes a second during peak hours. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom