Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

False Registration Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I searched on a name for a big company that we deal with and we required the .org version of their name. On some whois searches it show available but on others it didn't.
Someone contacted us saying we could have it for $2000. I've registered it on from a service that showed it availiable but i wonder if there is anything i can do.
The company name is trademarked and a very well known famous company.

Thanks all

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is quite important - can anyone give me some advise please?

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dean, since .org domains have recently undergone transition the only place you can for certain check the status of a .org domain is at http://www.pir.org

From there you can find out at which registrar the domain has been registered. You may then need to go to that registrar to do a WHOIS check for contact information.

Since the name is trademarked and of a big company as you say, you should have no problems winning in a UDRP case. This dispute process costs $1500 min and takes a couple of months. For more information visit ICANN.ORG

The quickest method would be to convince the domain holder to sell to you for a reasonable price. You could even go so far as to file a UDRP complaint to gain some bargaining power because you could withdrawl it for a refund if the domain holder agrees to an offer before the the UDRP proceeds.

Good luck.

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks RJ, it seems its already registered! <sniff> Is there no cheaper way of doing it?

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If i PM you the name would you beable to look into it?

ddent

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PM me the name and I'll tell you its status....

I've actually hacked up my whois client so that .ORG names work like normal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom