Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Fantastic News - for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Earlier this spring, I was sweating out the 6 month study program I was involved with for a new certification. I nailed it down with flying colors.

Since then, with the completion of that program and certification I had been applying to additional institutions/programs of study to actually start within this specialty. In order to pursue my career goals, there was a possibility that I may have to travel to UW in Madison, U of Cincinnati, Columbia University, or several others including UC Irvine.

I found out through the grapevine that UNC was looking to institute a program involving this specialty. I barely made the application deadline about a week and a half ago. The interview process was yesterday (Dec 5).

Tonight I have received an email inviting myself and 5 other applicants back this Friday for a presentation.

I am not only a finalist - but I have been selected as a Fellow in the first class of six in this new specialty!

It will be a 15 week Fellowship starting with orientation this December 19 with a regional hospital. Honestly, no one can imagine the excitement I am feeling. Aside from the fact that I do not have to travel long distance (I may still have to attend some seminars across the country), this is such a huge opportunity for me and to be selected as one of only 6 into the Fellowship is huge.

The requirements and demands of the program are huge and very demanding. Along with training, we will also be responsible for keeping journals and developing/revising the curriculum for the subsequent class in early summer. Essentially, we will be writing all the training manuals based on our observations, performance, and recommendations. It will be a 12 hour day with 4 hours each day devoted solely to that criteria.

At present, I will remain rather vague in regards to the degrees attained and the specialty specifics. I just feel jinxed if I reveal too much of the specific details. All I can say is this is on the cutting edge of medicine, health, and technology and will combine all three.

Ultimately, this will mean a greatly diminished time for me to spend on the forum (to the cheers of some, many). I will also be posting some domains for sale (like iFunnies.com, CloudStreaming.com, and more) to help offset some of the expenses I will be incurring.

Sorry, but I am just so excited and had to tell someone!

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! all the best :yo:

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gerry, congrats.

If you come to uci , its a good place. Node city. I went there as an undergrad.

If you ever come to Irvine and want someone to hangout with, contact me. What are you doing fellowship in? Vaguely I mean.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gerry, congrats.

If you come to uci , its a good place. Node city. I went there as an undergrad.

If you ever come to Irvine and want someone to hangout with, contact me. What are you doing fellowship in? Vaguely I mean.
Wow. Its a deal. I know no one at UCI.

Fellowship, as I mentioned, combines medicine, healthcare, and technology. UCI had a vaguely similar program that I was interested in and could have done it mostly online.

Heck, I might head out to UCI one weekend to hit the museums. I have developed a great appreciation of Cali style Plein Air Painting and some of the best museums are in that area, including the UCI collection.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Best of luck :)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Start date has been pushed back to Jan 9th. Makes sense to me. Holidays and all plus the hospital I will be doing the Fellowship with requires everyone (including Residents, Fellows, etc) to attend hospital orientation.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gr8. Enjoy the Season of Joy and Happiness :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom