Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Far Cry...Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone see the previews and demo's for this game!?.. Its amazing. The game comes out in just a few days. http://www.farcry.ubi.com/

You should go here http://www.farcry-thegame.com/uk/ and download the the new far cry vehicles trailer. Its a busy site, so you might not be able to download it right away. Again, its just amazing.

RMF

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think Painkiller will contend for game of the year if the multiplayer lives up to it's "quakeworld" expectations. www.painkillergame.com

FarCry does look nice too.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think the graphics in Painkiller are even close to what FarCry has to offer. The future of FarCry has huge potential. It was developed to give people the ability to create maps and modifications very easily. Sandbox (their map editor) is simply amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on it, and starting mapping. :)

There's three games this year that could be Game of the Year, and painkiller won't be it. It will come down to "Far Cry (obviously, lol), HalfLife 2, Doom 3"

RMF

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have you played the PK demo? The graphics are pretty good but the multiplayer could steal the show. The CPL has already showed interest in tournaments for PK. All the hardcore players will go where the money is. They have also been "speeding up" the multiplayer and making changes based on community feedback. Can't say all companies do this.

Of course Doom will be the best game for eye candy, at the expense of gameplay - the multiplayer could suck with 4 players tops on some maps. Mapping for Doom should be pretty easy --not much different than q3 using Radiant. ID games always leave alot of room for custom maps and mods.

I think Painkillers downfall will be lack of custom maps. Maps are created in Maya and exported. I beleive they will release an editor after the game is released. DreamCatcher also states that they will continue making profesional maps and supporting the game well after it's release.

My only question with FarCry will be gameplay...I don't care how good a game looks if its not fun and competitive to play. I like a game that can be played on a proffesional level so my opinion may be biased.

I'll probably keep mapping in Radiant knowing that lots of games will eventually be released on the Doom3 engine.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the doom series. I'm not interested in doom3 at all, but I know a lot of people who are. Halflife2 will be great, but if it gets pushed back any longer, I think farcry could do some serious damage to the halflife community. I know of several mods that are in development for farcry, and I'm getting ready to do some mapping for it.

Gameplay is pretty good in farcry. At least in the demo's. Farcry allows up to 32 people in multiplayer games. These guys also listen to the community. They had a beta program and made a lot of changes based on the feedback of their testers. The game took nearly 4 years to develop.

When I look at the graphics from Paintkiller, they look a like the graphics produced for the dreamcast.

In farcry, they allow huge open areas. You can see over 1km in distance, and go everywhere you see. This game is like next generation quality. Its like what Mario 64 or haliflife did to the game industry. Again though, halflife2 is gonna be some serious competition, but if Valve keeps pushing it back, we might see some amazing modifications come out for farcry, and a lot of hl2 modders might make the switch over.

RMF

guile

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess it is comparing apples and oranges when it comes to FarCry and Painkiller. FarCry seem like it will be a team game and PainKiller I think will bring back competitive 1vs1 as well as small team deathmatches. I will undoubtably buy all the games listed in this thread anyway =)

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can play 1v1 competitive games with farcry too..as well as small team deathmatches. FarCry isn't one of those games that developers tried to push onto shelves as fast as possible. They took their time with it. You don't get much of that anymore.

RMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom