Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Farewell, Winamp :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really sad to see Winamp go. It's a great piece of software that I still use today.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm confused, are they just pulling it for Windows? I done-diddly-paid $20+ for the App and addons on Android (2x). Also, are they getting rid of Shoutcast? I use that for my car radio...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The end of an era for sure. Winamp has been my companion since I started browsing the WWW on Netscape :)
That was when newspapers were still explaining what the Internet is.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember using a DOS-based mp3-player for playing mp3s that I downloaded from BBS'es. That was back in the early 90's. Then WinAmp came along and MAAAN did I love it! Napster and Winamp was constantly running on my computer back then. ;)

Sad to see it go, but I haven't used it in years personally, so I don't care much. Nowadays I'm using Spotify only, both in my car and at home.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Crazy how the speed of light (and sound) are eclipsed by technology.

Stian mentioned DOS, Napster, etc. Those (along with WINAMP) were the mainstays of nearly anyone on the computer. And, oh my...the hours spent on trying on every "skin".

Digital music...I think we all felt like "pirates" listening to MP3's that were "shared".

Another classic (well, not as old as WINAMP) was iGoogle which also met its end on November 1st.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The good (?) news: Microsoft is in talks to buy Winamp.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that good news? Look what they did to Skype already. Shortly after buying it, they announced a change of their API so that it would be improve user experience, causing a whiteboard program my wife uses for DE (IDroo) and Pamela that I use for voice recording/message backups will not function after Dec. 1.

Watch them break Winamp somehow.

Luckily I use PowerAMP more on my mobile than Winamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom