Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Fascinating: rare color photos following the Great Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. As a photo buff, these are great food for thought. Tough times but equally tough people.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am equally mesmerised, thanks for posting Michael

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every time I look at galleries of photos of Americans from early to mid last century I think "Jesus Christ what do they put into our food these days?".

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In a couple of the pictures, the living conditions are striking. The nordic looking family in New Mexico live in the kind of shack you would only find very undeveloped nations these days - and yet it wasn't that long ago in the US. Those very children are probably alive today (and thinking "here we go again...")

Skinny

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice. . . . Really enjoyed that.

Like being in a time machine.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Amazing photos.. The Library of congress has a wealth of information, The next time I visit DC, I'm for sure going there, I hear you can research just about anything, with the exception of Bin Laden's photos.

The nordic looking family in New Mexico live in the kind of shack you would only find very undeveloped nations these days

Are you referring to the family that's wearing clean clothes with clean hair cuts, not appearing underweight or malnourished, that family? You obviously haven't been to many 3rd world countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom