Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Faxing 1and1 to cancel package...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLB

Ladies Love Big Domainers
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Has anyone who has fallen in the 1and1 trap ever canceled your entire package of domains with them.

I'm trying to do it now and I don't know if I have to send them a fax for each domain name or if the faxing is only to transfer a domain to another person or registrar.

Thanks! :undecided:

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't you initiate a portfolio transfer from 1and1 to a better rated registrar like Moniker? You will receive a letter to sign that you own the names, fax it back and the domains would be transferred.
Good luck

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you need to use this site as part of the process: https://cancel.1and1.com

I was always afraid to use that cancel option because if you read about the subject on the 1and1.com site judging by the way it's worded makes it sound like your domain will also be cancelled as part of the so called package cancellation.

1and1.com certainly has odd policies such as the policy of not auto-renewing your domains prior to expiration but instead waiting until they notice they have expired, which is what 1and1 tech supt in the Phillipines told me is the policy. They also refuse to permit the domain owner to renew themselves but only as a result of the weird auto-renew method.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1and1 one is horrible, I made the mistake as well to reg a couple of domains there...never again..

Yojimbo

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, 1&1 sucks. I've gotten the legal threat letter as well. There are quite a few webpages on the net that are filled with people complaining about 1&1's policies and unprofessionalism (bankraid dot com is one I believe). They basically use strong arm tactics and legal threats to try and coerce more money out of you. I moved the few domains I had there out some time ago. I let a name with 1&1 expire without renewing and they sent me a letter stating that I had to renew (at extra cost of course) or have my account sent to collections. I also know a couple people that actually did have their account sent to collections and it negatively affected their credit. All for a name that they didn't even want to renew. Fortunately I was able to transfer mine out. Of course, I haven't checked my credit report in a while either so who knows.

floatingworld

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the key with 1+1 is to realise that when you register a name with them, you have an account for the name and the contract it is located in. Pulling out of 1+1 has to be mounted like a careful military campaign and you should allow months to complete the process efficiently. If the bastards think you are anywhere near the renewal period they will drag it out. The job is not done until the name has been transferred out AND the contract cancelled by you AND confirmed by 1+1. They are evil bastards.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, they are a nightmare, but if you go to the cancel page as detailed above.
cancel the domains. this means you are cancelling the 'renewal'
then initiate a transfer. mine went through fine.
i'm letting the shit .eu's drop! lol
BUT , i have cancelled the renewal feature & contract so should be no problem.
touch wood

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, they are a nightmare, but if you go to the cancel page as detailed above. cancel the domains. this means you are cancelling the 'renewal' then initiate a transfer. mine went through fine.
i'm letting the shit .eu's drop! lol BUT , i have cancelled the renewal feature & contract so should be no problem. touch wood

I wish I could transfer away too.

How did you get the required transfer authorization code and the name unlocked?

How are they connected to Sedo?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish I could transfer away too.

How did you get the required transfer authorization code and the name unlocked?

Hiw are they connected to Sedo?

no, i joined at the 1and1 .co.uk site.
which trust me is a even worse deal :yes:
we pay 3 times what you pay for coms etc

here is the link for US customers/worldwide etc
https://cancel.1and1.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom