Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed FB-Themes DOT com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phrone

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tell me what you guys think about FB-Themes.com ... Since the styles have changed on Facebook and make it a lot more user friendly for creating their own "style" there has been a lot of interest in people customizing their pages.. I feel FB-Themes.com has big potential because of older sites where people allowed users to modify their MySpace pages that were a big hit for sure..

So what do you guys think?

1- just domain
2- w/ site and running
3- established and daily guests
4- full developed and large community

EDIT -- the traffic for the blank page is as follows (unique visits being the 2nd column in)

Jan 2012 22 59 231 652 8.84 MB
Feb 2012 32 91 128 160 1.12 MB
Mar 2012 30 91 2,899 2,958 8.27 MB
Apr 2012 36 90 417 443 1.70 MB
May 2012 37 104 195 229 1.26 MB
Jun 2012 36 104 214 290 2.13 MB
Jul 2012 21 96 157 170 774.98 KB
Aug 2012 60 159 274 316 1.68 MB
Sep 2012 29 86 123 147 975.04 KB
Oct 2012 24 57 1,990 1,996 6.39 MB

TOTAL 327
thanks

Last edited:

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's a brutal name, and is worth zero no matter how you slice it. You joined in 2004, so this is pretty surprising. For once, I'm not going to explain the many reasons why it is a horrible name. The whole post makes my head spin. A bunch of white noise, and also the way you listed the name in the subject line is inexcusable, inefficient, and bothersome. FB-Themes DOT com instead of FB-Themes.com? Little things like that turn into big things. I see people list names with commas instead of periods, too. Something like CommunityBanks,com. It all points to what is going on in the head of the person making the post. You need to step up your game and get yourself together.

J

JDN

FB-Themes DOT com instead of FB-Themes.com? Little things like that turn into big things. I see people list names with commas instead of periods, too. Something like CommunityBanks,com. It all points to what is going on in the head of the person making the post. You need to step up your game and get yourself together.
Care to explain?

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When people list bad names, it isn't just the names that are bad. Often times, the whole presentation is bad, and includes a bunch of needless words and other distracting things. It is similar to when someone gives an opinion, while saying IMHO. I mean, of course it is this person's opinion, so I just don't understand how someone can be so ignorant as to constantly state, either before, or after they say something, that it is just their opinion.

If someone doesn't know that FB-Themes.com looks much better than FB-Themes DOT com in the subject line of an appraisal thread, then it is also likely that they don't know a bunch of other things, including what makes a name valuable. Sometimes, when talking about names in threads, I will spell the word dotcom, because that seems to make it a bit easier to read that saying .com (both work well). However, I think that .net makes more sense to just like it is, and I never spell out Dot Net. That just shows you how strong .com, or dotcom is, as it is the only extension that you can really spell out and not have it be distracting.

The bottom line is that you need to know how things appear to others. Another mistake that some make is to call a domain name a URL. That is an amateur mistake and it just isn't acceptable. It sends a message to the reader that the person doesn't know what they are doing. Another surefire way to show the world that you have horrible names is mention the words Premium or Generic when describing them in a sales thread. When you see those words you can be 99 percent sure that garbage names are soon to follow.

Most things in life tell a story. It is similar to when someone speaks in public. If they have terrible grammar, or have bad teeth, you can make some assumptions about their parents, which give you lots of information about them, and this happens in an instant.

Last edited:
J

JDN

Don't people write XXX DOT com in the title of a thread instead of XXX.com to avoid appearing in search engines?

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is a possibility, and I had thought about that, but this is not a blatant trademark, even though most would associate it with Facebook. Whatever his reasoning is, the risk of not being taken seriously far outweighs whatever risk he might encounter for being in a search engine. At the end of the day, if you don't have a name that you can list properly in an appraisal thread, then it might be time to look for something else to occupy your time.

Now, imagine if I ended my statement with "IMHO". It has to be the most idiotic thing on the Internet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators