Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

'Fear Factor' sued for rat-eating episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Viewer contends show caused him 'injury and great pain'

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A viewer is suing NBC for $2.5 million, contending that he threw up because of a "Fear Factor" episode in which contestants ate rats mixed in a blender.

Austin Aitken told The Associated Press he watches "Fear Factor" often and had no problem with past installments where the reality show's participants ate worms and insects in pursuit of a $50,000 prize -- but eating rats went "too far."

"It's barbaric, some of the things they ask these individuals to do," Aitken said Thursday.

Aitken's handwritten lawsuit contends the rat-eating made his blood pressure rise, resulting in being dizzy and lightheaded -- and vomiting. Because he was disoriented he ran into a doorway, "causing suffering, injury and great pain."

Asked why he didn't shut off his television before the rat-eating segment, Aitken said he couldn't do it quick enough.

NBC responded with a brief statement: "We believe that the claim is completely without merit."

Aitken, a 49-year-old part-time paralegal, said he wants to send a message to NBC and other networks with the lawsuit. He said he isn't concerned with winning a cash judgment in court.

"I just put any figure. You really think I expect to get $2.5 million?" he said.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
Aitken told The Associated Press eating rats went "too far."

Here I thought meat was one of the main menu items on an Aitken diet. :shy:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Apparently no more rat kebabs!

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
To quote my friend Samuel Jackson:

"The cornerstone of any nutricous breakfast"

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hey, if you can't put a rat in a blender and eat it, what is this world coming to?

I ask you.

~ Nexus

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A little salt and ketchup ... you'll never know the difference! Hey I'm sure you have all eaten one or two anyway from your local buffet.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This guys a schmuck. He should be eaten. Take that.

gph

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jojoyohan said:
This guys a schmuck. He should be eaten. Take that.

Dude.... "I'm smarter that you"...?? Fix your sig!

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess he couldn't find the remote, santa should have given him a "clapper" for xmas.

RADiSTAR said:
Viewer contends show caused him 'injury and great pain'

CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) -- A viewer is suing NBC for $2.5 million, contending that he threw up because of a "Fear Factor" episode in which contestants ate rats mixed in a blender.

Austin Aitken told The Associated Press he watches "Fear Factor" often and had no problem with past installments where the reality show's participants ate worms and insects in pursuit of a $50,000 prize -- but eating rats went "too far."

"It's barbaric, some of the things they ask these individuals to do," Aitken said Thursday.

Aitken's handwritten lawsuit contends the rat-eating made his blood pressure rise, resulting in being dizzy and lightheaded -- and vomiting. Because he was disoriented he ran into a doorway, "causing suffering, injury and great pain."

Asked why he didn't shut off his television before the rat-eating segment, Aitken said he couldn't do it quick enough.

NBC responded with a brief statement: "We believe that the claim is completely without merit."

Aitken, a 49-year-old part-time paralegal, said he wants to send a message to NBC and other networks with the lawsuit. He said he isn't concerned with winning a cash judgment in court.

"I just put any figure. You really think I expect to get $2.5 million?" he said.

jojoyohan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL. I just saw a commercial for that. That would be sad if he wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom