Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Featured Listing in SEDO ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

maildeepak

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hia guys..

this is my first post...i have been following this domain industry only recently...say i am a month old newbie..

i am an exchange member in Afternic with around 20 domains listed...and also a member in SEDO....i have been thinking of placing some Home featured listings in afternic and in SEDO....but when comparing the rates...sedo is fine with $35 only for a month...

what do u think abt it...putting up a valude domain in featured lsiting...has anyone met with any success...

i am having a poker related domain name which i got through pool.com 2 days back. wishing to feature it in sedo...any feedback on that program.

by the way..the domain i am talking abt. is : PokerReign.com

many thanx in advance..

regards
deepak

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the forum!

About your question: I have featured some reasonably good domains on Sedo (about 5 times in all). Not one time did I get an offer. I did get a lot more views than I would normally get, but that does not guarantee that you will sell your domain. It's a numbers game, and featuring does not help IMO. Even when featuring a domain, your name gets lost in the big list of featured domains... All in all, I would not recomment featuring your domain on Sedo.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,
i echo those sentiments on featuring. Unless it is a top, top domain. Also now is possibly the worst time to sell a poker/gambling domain because of the online gambling bill Bush has just signed.
Predator

risingsuns

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with both Predator and Spietreser. I paid for a featured listing for one of my domain names on Sedo about six weeks ago. I got lots of views, but no offers.

spietreser

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
sedo is worthless

I have to disagree. In my experience the buyers at Sedo don't buy from the featured listings. But they DO buy names that they find by searching for specific keywords, or even the exact domain.

I have sold many names through Sedo, so IMO they are not worthless.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree. In my experience the buyers at Sedo don't buy from the featured listings. But they DO buy names that they find by searching for specific keywords, or even the exact domain.

I have sold many names through Sedo, so IMO they are not worthless.

overall, i'll have to agree with that quote above .

of all the domains that i've sold at sedo, none were featured!

of all the domains that i bought at sedo, none of those were featured either!

:rolleyes:

interactx

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I featured at sedo and just felt that the domain was too buried among all the others to get any attention. They don't stay on the homepage very long. It is great for the buyer to have a zillion choices but doesn't serve the seller too well. Not their fault, I guess, but certainly the down side of being a giant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom