Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale February 2011 - .ca Domain name sales report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Here is the list of .ca sales for February 2011.

If you want to read the whole article click on the link below
| FULL ARTICLE - LINK |

Venture.ca $32,500 Sedo.com
Avendre.ca $7,500 Private Sale
HST.ca $2,755 Sibername.com
MobilePhone.ca $2,011 Sibername.com
Fudge.ca $2,000 Pool.com
Fishery.ca $1,750 Sibername.com
GFG.ca $1,750 Sedo.com
FullTimeJobs.ca $1,650 Sibername.com
Furnace.ca $1,410 Sibername.com
Projectors.ca $1,350 Sibername.com
Shelter.ca $900 Sibername.com
BankMachines.ca $855 Pool.com
Infection.ca $741 Pool.com
Enquiry.ca $625 Pool.com
Serve.ca $560 Pool.com
Aging.ca $550 Sibername.com
Desktop.ca $526 Pool.com
Calcium.ca $505 Register.ca
Tundra.ca $375 Pool.com
AGY.ca $360 Pool.com
PIF.ca $250 Pool.com
PetShops.ca $230 Pool.com
Credo.ca $236 Pool.com

Last edited:

DomainSpace

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The gfg one was mine. The transaction at sedo went very smooth.

What bugs me with this report is I also used to own fulltimejobs and I offered it for sale on this site with no offers (it was with some other domains being offered). I dropped the name and it sells at pool for 1650 at tbr.. :upset: ...

Last edited:

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The gfg one was mine. The transaction at sedo went very smooth.

What bugs me with this report is I also used to own fulltimejobs and I offered it for sale on this site with no offers (it was with some other domains being offered). I dropped the name and it sells at pool for 1650 at tbr.. :upset: ...

DomainSpace did you sell GFG.ca or did you buy?

re: FullTimeJobs.ca
You have to keep in mind that DNforum.com is for domainers mostly, and it doesn't have any "adrenalin based auction system". Pool.com attracts end-users, non-Canadian investors, non-Canadian domainers, and a lot of other public, that not even suppose to participate in any .ca auctions. When they all mix together in auction system the results can be unexpected. I think we should be allowed in this subsection to post domain names that are going to expire. It is frustrating to see that your domain names sells for 4 digits, but you dropped that name, that means that for you it didn't worth even a registration name. It is very unlikely you would have sold that name here for that much. I had a similar situation with one of the domain names about 5-7 years ago. I owned WAGE.ca that I ve got during the land-rush, and I simply forgot to renew it, which was my fault and very stupid of me. The asking price for this domain name was $300, and I couldn't sell it on the forum. When the name expired, it was purchased on the TBR auction by one of the members of the forum for similar amount or more. BTW PartTimeJobs.ca belongs to Frank Shilling

Last edited:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The sales are encouraging, however most were tbr sales, presumably domainer acquisitions.
I also think tbr .ca are routinely overpaid in the auctions.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What bugs me with this report is I also used to own fulltimejobs and I offered it for sale on this site with no offers (it was with some other domains being offered). I dropped the name and it sells at pool for 1650 at tbr.. ...

It bugs me too, I ended up buying it and must have missed it here on the forum.

-=DCG=-

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The sales are encouraging, however most were tbr sales, presumably domainer acquisitions.
I also think tbr .ca are routinely overpaid in the auctions.

Katherine, most of the reported sales in other extensions are auctions for dropped names (snapnames etc.). The sale is a sale, doesn't matter where it happened. If TBR auctions is the place to overpay for the domain names, then where do you buy them? Sometimes I am contacting owners of the generic one word domain names, and the asking prices are a lot higher than the generics like fudge,dental,fishery,shelter,desktop. Why do you think the prices at TBR overpaid?

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think many people here want to land one $25,000 'deal' than a dozen $2500 deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom