Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Fee Structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks...

I had posted this in the reselling area..but I guess it is more fitting a question be here....

I have a question for all the full time domainers....Primarily people that research and catch names for companies and individuals not just sell a name they had.

What are the Fee Structures ( rates ) for this type of consulting?

I would think the price of the names are basically dealt with as always.
quality of name itself...links...ovt ect....+ whatever markup based on company size and budget.

Then there is your consulting with them on the best name for them and the time researching, searching and time spent bidding snapping or acting as a broker for them on names owned by other parties.

How much per hour...day...whatever for these services?

Thanks much...I apreciate your time and efforts

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Testing...testing...1..2..3..mike check mike check...is this thing plugged in? :)

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izoot
Testing...testing...1..2..3..mike check mike check...is this thing plugged in? :)

Looks like someone tripped on the plug ... j/k :) good luck!

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck with what? Getting anyone to respond? :)

So far ... 31 people viewed the question in this thread and 17 in the reselling thread. I moved the question here thinking that one or 2 or 3 of the Platinum members would be kind enough to answer it or at least share a few thoughts.

So far nothing ... does my post not make sense ( I will gladly rewrite or explain anything I wasn't clear on ) or am I asking something that people don't want to answer ( divulge industry secrets )? I figured asking people with experience would be the best way to learn ... to see what the industry standards are.

I really want to learn more about the pricing structures, maybe even some domain consulting business models ... but I would great appreciate whatever info people would like to share.

Anyone? :)

DomainMiner.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just replied in your other thread.

I think most of the time you would be providing other services (design, marketing, etc) if you had a client like that. Seems tricky to find clients for domain consulting.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replying.

I'm not so much concerned at this point with finding clients as seeing what and how people are charging for their services.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My guess is that you are probably having trouble because I don't think many people do it. Especially now, margins on all but the very best domains are so low that I doubt anyone could make a living consulting. The market just isn't mature enough.

Anyone out there that can prove me wrong?

URLCollection

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We work at 20% off the top of the domain price - have for the past 5+ years as a Domain Broker. Our domains department handles the money and the transfer. We either chase domains for clients that they specify or we do retrievals for TM owners and many law firms, of which a number are members on this forum. Hope that helps IZOOT?

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steve thanks for the response..yes it does help :)

When you chase names...what are the charges for the chasing time? What kinda of charges if you chase and are not able to proccur that particular name?

Also if someone wants to consult on what name would best fit their business...is there an hourly or set rate for that?

once again...thank you for responding

ira

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom