Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Feedback disgrace

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently recieved a negative feedback for apparently not paying DNF member Firebird 80F$.

This is copied directly from my Donate history:

Donate 03-05-2005 09:33 AM 0% 80 80 Firebird

He then contacetd me a few days ago saying I hadn't paid him. I couldn't remember whether I paid him as it was almost a month ago, but I decided to send it again, as it was only 80 cents value for a few forum posts, I didnt mind. It appears it did not work though and he did not recieve what was his second payment for the same job.

As a result, he left me negative feedback, tainting my permenant reputation on DNF.

So in summary - he thought I hadn't paid him $0.80, when I actually had, and after 1 PM to which I attempted to send him his payment for the SECOND time, he leaves negative feedback.

I don't think this is at all fair.

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not too sure on your situation but had no probs with Firebird myself, he recently helped me with some hacks, all went smoothly, sure it's just a mis-understanding?

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes it was a misunderstanding, but the problem is the haste with which he left me negative feedback.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it resolved now?

-=DCG=-

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally I feel the feedback feature is of little usefulness and only leads to arguments/complaints such as this illustrates.

I feel the "People to avoid dealings with..." sub-forum is the better way since it doesn't automatically hurt one's reputation - many folks consider even one negative in a user feedback (Trader Rating) to be indicative of a scammer, etc ... worse, this often leads to feedback wars and other nonsense.

The other advantage of the "People to avoid dealings with..." subforum is that it's seen by more people and thus if there truly is a problem it's more likely to be resolved without anyone worrying about a negative feedback remaining indefinitely in their user profile.

Ron

taboo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've bought and sole a few domains over dnforum, and I never even bothered to post a feedback comment. This isn't eBay, if there is a transaction problem the buyer or seller is going to make it known to the dnforum public, and something will have to be resolved.

Althought its not pretty to have a negative comment :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom