Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Feedback on buying names with ovt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi
There appears to be a bit of activity here in buying and selling names that have overture with the extn.
Readings like 30 or 40 with extn

Would like to hear from people who have bought names like that, to find out if those names usually get any traffic after they have bought them, especially unique visits.
Or maybe just your opinion if you haven't bought any

andyat11

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ya I have a domain olmmschool.org says 25 OVT/w EXT and recieved 22 in 4 days LOL I think its a little off But yah they do get traffic

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JOEMART said:
Hi
There appears to be a bit of activity here in buying and selling names that have overture with the extn.
Readings like 30 or 40 with extn

This only seems to be a recent phenomena - I have never seen such a proliferation of these types of names on sale as I have over the past two months. I would continue with caution. It is hit and miss. Some names with overture w/e in the low teens get reasonable traffic, some get virtually none. I think it's important to also look at the word or term you are buying and not just look at the figures.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just picked up a domain with 60 ovt w/ extension, that is getting me about 20 visits and $0.50 per day...

so yes, sometimes it does pay off

croupier

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I registered a domain recently with UK ovt of 16 that got 175 visits last month and made $90. At the same time I reg'd one with UK ovt of 12 that has only had a couple of visits and made nothing.

It's all a bit of a gamble unless you see some stats first. Those selling either know the stats (are very low) or would rather play it safe and get a small quick sale before checking stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom