Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Figuring out where traffic is coming from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a name that I just cannot figure out where the traffic is coming from and thought some of you may have some insight. I have done the usual archive.org, urltrends etc...there do not seem to be any linkbacks and I am not sure anyone would type this name in... the name is 'tional.com'

I am getting between 30 and 50 uniques a day and cant seem to convert better than 5%...any one have any ideas?

Thanks.

Domain Days 2024

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try parking it at DS for a week and see how the page optimizes.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try parking it at DS for a week and see how the page optimizes.

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry for my ignorance...what site is DS?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
here is my best guess, if you search on google for "tional" you pick up 42 mil pages, some people are seo-ing the word as you can see, they are using the hyphen in front of it , (interna-tional) , so what you could have is some people trying to return to a site they thought they were on and typed it in with the (.) instead of the hyphen (interna.tional) and you pick up subdomain traffic, they could also be emailing friends with the website with the same typo using the (.) , all kinds of scenarios, sort of the same thing if you had "ing.com". I don't think you will ever optimize the domain because that kind of traffic would be coming from all over the place in all kinds of catagories.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
here is my best guess, if you search on google for "tional" you pick up 42 mil pages, some people are seo-ing the word as you can see, they are using the hyphen in front of it , (interna-tional) , so what you could have is some people trying to return to a site they thought they were on and typed it in with the (.) instead of the hyphen (interna.tional) and you pick up subdomain traffic, they could also be emailing friends with the website with the same typo using the (.) , all kinds of scenarios, sort of the same thing if you had "ing.com". I don't think you will ever optimize the domain because that kind of traffic would be coming from all over the place in all kinds of catagories.

Thanks. You may be right...the subdomain potential is pretty high for this name...but maybe not so good for the ppc.

Thanks for your insight. I appreciate it.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you "park" the domain on your server for a week or so, you can have a look at the stats, this will tell you where the traffic is comming from. It will show you if it is type in, come from bootmarks, or search engines....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom