Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Filing my LLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainFlippin

Domain Rockstar
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am about to incorporate my business and i am curious what other people in the USA have done since all of the business is done online... did you go the route of filing it in your home state or did you go the delaware and nevada route?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Delaware. Very easy. Very legal. Perhaps the best rates of all.

Annual tax is $200.

This is who I used:

http://www.delawareinc.com/

I am not an affiliate nor do I get a referral fee.

More than half of the world's Fortune 500 are incorporated/registered in Delaware.

You need a registered agent in the state. They supply that at a fixed rate not to increase. My rate is only $50.00 and not sure if it is higher now for new enrollees.

If you decide to get a Federal Tax ID, they will file this for you as well.

I have used them for about 9 years now.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From outside the USA is possible incorporate in Delaware too?

DomainFlippin

Domain Rockstar
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do you live in the state of Delaware? for me i live in illinois with really no building that i am operating out of just my home office.. any problems with banks in your home state outside of delaware? just thought it might cause problems when opening a business account in your bank out side the state.. let me know thanks.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
do you live in the state of Delaware? for me i live in illinois with really no building that i am operating out of just my home office.. any problems with banks in your home state outside of delaware? just thought it might cause problems when opening a business account in your bank out side the state.. let me know thanks.
No. I live in NC.

No offense, every question you have asked on this thread and the thread regarding Illustrator can be answered simply by going to the site referenced. To try to get a question answered on a simple question like this on a forum like this is a huge waste of time and not what the forum was basically designed for.

Your questions are so basic and easily answered if you would spend the time to seek the answers for yourself.

I do not know how to make it any easier for you unless I come over to your house and file all the necessary paperwork for you, pay the fees, and be your personal secretary.

Again, no offense. But it is time to step up and learn and educate your self rather than being spoon fed every thing :eek:k:~

From outside the USA is possible incorporate in Delaware too?
Yes, this is done quite often, also in Delaware seemingly to be the preferred state.

https://www.delawareinc.com/ourservices/international.cfm

https://www.delawareinc.com/more/why_delaware.cfm

"No state income tax for Delaware corporations that operate out of state".

"Anyone, anywhere in the world can incorporate in Delaware, without ever visiting the state"

Again, I am not an affiliate or get a referral fee. I am just a very satisfied customer.

I am sure that an international formation is much more detailed than a simple "yes" "no" answer.

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info DOC!
Delaware...what a wonderful place!!

Thanks again. ;)

adomaindeal

Find Premium Domain
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Nice Info,

I read above link and see this No state income tax for Delaware corporations that operate out of state

Now I m in California, if i register LLC in Delaware, that means I m wave of Delaware state tax but I still have to pay California state tax which 7-8% Is it Right?

Plus I read this You do not need a physical address within Delaware because we provide it for you.

That means we have to use Harvard Business Services provided physical addreess for whole life right? If yes tahn we will collect all info sended by state on this address for whole life.

And is there any annual/other fees to keep our LLC live from Delaware state.

Hope you answer my queery as I m new for LLC.

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Nice Info,

Now I m in California, if i register LLC in Delaware, that means I m wave of Delaware state tax but I still have to pay California state tax which 7-8% Is it Right?

yes you have to declare all your income (regardless of where you make) to your local tax authority.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Nice Info,

I read above link and see this No state income tax for Delaware corporations that operate out of state

Plus I read this You do not need a physical address within Delaware because we provide it for you.

That means we have to use Harvard Business Services provided physical addreess for whole life right? If yes tahn we will collect all info sended by state on this address for whole life.

And is there any annual/other fees to keep our LLC live from Delaware state.

Hope you answer my queery as I m new for LLC.
The tax issue is tricky, even for me as many years as I have been doing my own taxes.

And I would need to run this by a tax attorney for my benefit. If I earn income through the LLC or in the name of the LLC, no - that is not claimed for Delaware tax. But, do I claim it as NC taxable income? If the answer is no, I don't have to then man-o-man, I've been doing it wrong and overpaying.

So I am guilty of not getting answers for myself and never gave the tax issue much thought until now. The primary reason for my establishing an LLC was to protect myself and any assets in the event of legal action filed - whether it is the domain business, the antiquity trade I am involved with, the restoration side of things, or conflicts of interest or anything related to the above and then some. Taxes were never a primary concern. But now they are and I am stumped but will find out for myself. I am certain that every state will be different in how this is treated.

No, you do not have to have a physical address in Delaware. That is provided through your registered agent. Those fees can be high and vary from agency to agency. And the registered agent represents you and your INC or LLC. I would presume the same as being a client.

The service does provide for mail forwarding. I use a PO Box for all business matters including all information on the WHOIS. I firmly believe in separation of personal and business matters and keeping them separated by the physical and virtual sense. No where will there be a disclosure of my personal address on any of these matters. With a litigation happy society and the ramification even false claims can cause (dealing with one at this moment - so time consuming), I want no one to involve personal assets or family in any of these issues.

As for the annual fee, do check their site. I pay $200 per year. I just noticed that as of this year, it will be $250 minimum per LLC. It may be different per state. I have noticed that they do charge different filing rates based on the applicants states. Why this difference, I do not know.

Harvard Business Services does a fabulous job at notifying you well in advance of any taxes coming up and agent fees. They will be glad to file you taxes for you (for a fee, of course) or you can go to the Delaware State's site

http://corp.delaware.gov/paytaxes.shtml

Very quick and easy and no added fees.

For that matter, you can save on fees filing for INC or LLC yourself on their site. But this is very time consuming and quite confusing.

I will certainly take the time to find out (for myself - I am sure California will be different) about the state tax issue. The benefits could be great although more paper work and forms at tax time.

The last thing any of us ever want to do is be audited. I have once in nearly 30 years of doing my own taxes, it was not fun, a massive time consuming project, but after all said and done I owed a grand total of $0.23 (23 cents). I paid by check. :eek:

And I was received a check from Uncle Sam for 78 cents, never cashed it, and it must be driving them crazy.

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can do the same in Nevada. Use an agent to show residency. One thing to consider is that the state of Nevada is prohibited from disclosing the principal(s) (including personal information) of a corporation. In most states that is considered public information that anyone in the world can access. Also, state laws differ and some states may still require registration and the payment of fees/taxes even though you are incorporated in another state.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My suggestion: incorporate in your home state to avoid potential double taxation. Florida has no state tax, however. Local cost to incorporate varies slightly, in the $150-$200 mark. Local use of PO boxes is cheaper than using out of state ones e.g. Delaware & a forwarding service.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Delaware...what a wonderful place!!

Yes - those of us who live here are rather fond of it. :)

Maybe I should become an agent for out-of-state domainers? Hmmm....

Sonny Banks

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I can be your first client ;)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My suggestion: incorporate in your home state to avoid potential double taxation. Florida has no state tax, however. Local cost to incorporate varies slightly, in the $150-$200 mark. Local use of PO boxes is cheaper than using out of state ones e.g. Delaware & a forwarding service.
The legend returns!

Certainly something to consider.

I would imagine an agent gets a fee from one of these online places for doing absolutely no work.

Imagine, if I am paying them a $50 fee annually but the agent is getting say $35 a pop, that ain't bad at all!

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Delaware. Very easy. Very legal. Perhaps the best rates of all.

Annual tax is $200.

This is who I used:

http://www.delawareinc.com/

I am not an affiliate nor do I get a referral fee.

More than half of the world's Fortune 500 are incorporated/registered in Delaware.

You need a registered agent in the state. They supply that at a fixed rate not to increase. My rate is only $50.00 and not sure if it is higher now for new enrollees.

If you decide to get a Federal Tax ID, they will file this for you as well.

I have used them for about 9 years now.

Thanks for the post. I have found a few other services, but this seems to have the best pricing. Glad to know it includes good service as well.

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would imagine an agent gets a fee from one of these online places for doing absolutely no work.

Imagine, if I am paying them a $50 fee annually but the agent is getting say $35 a pop, that ain't bad at all!

what are "these online places"?

their job is to contact you when the gov. wants to contact you

they definitely deserve the money

marcorandazza

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Be careful about incorporating outside your home state. A corporation is automatically subject to the jurisdiction of the courts where it is incorporated. This isn't necessarily a deal killer, but add it to your evaluation of the costs and benefits.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what are "these online places"?

their job is to contact you when the gov. wants to contact you

they definitely deserve the money
Look for the link noted above.

I really do not know how much of a portion they get from what an agency charges you or me. The institution I use only charge $50 annually while I have seen others charge $90+ for the same annual service. So someone is obviously make money off of the necessity of an agent.

It is like agencies sending me a reminder and a bill attached to pay my annual franchise tax for $249 which includes filing when I can go online to the state's site and pay the $200 fee without the middle man - all in less than 3 minutes time.

I am not above someone making money and profiting. But Profiteering?

My example was to simply illustrate that becoming an agent may be a lucrative job or at least a decent revenue source for the member living in Delaware.

I am sure it is not as easy as saying, "I want to be an agent". But hopefully it sparked an interest to find out more to get more information on becoming an agent.

"Annual Agent - Same as “Registered Agent.” Annual Agent is required by statute to be appointed by the company to receive and forward legal and government documents on behalf of the company. Sometimes called Annual Agent because services are paid for on an annual basis."

From the State Of Delaware's web site:
http://corp.delaware.gov/agents/agts.shtml

List of Delaware Registered Agents

Disclaimer:
This list of Registered Agents is provided solely as a convenience to our website users. The State of Delaware makes no representations or warrantees regarding the agents on this list. Registered Agents are not regulated by the State of Delaware. The legal requirements to be a Registered Agent in Delaware are to maintain a street address and office located in Delaware and be open during normal business hours for the purpose of accepting service of process according to 8 DEL.C. § 132. Consumers are encouraged to exercise due diligence in researching the Registered Agent prior to selecting them for representation. It is incumbent upon the consumer to contact the Registered Agent prior to filing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom