Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Final stats often lowerr after a good day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Up until now I have been a supporter of parked.com and had a link to parked.com in my signature (now removed). Have recently moved some of my best traffic names there and I like their control panal and other features including custom content a lot.

But not too happy these days because so often when I have a really good looking day I can bet there will be a big adjustment down when the stats are finalized. It happens so often that now when I see a good day I fully expect to see lower final stats posted.

On my average or typical days the final stats are much more stable vs the good days when they tend to drop a lot.

Fo example, yesterday was to be my best day ever with both traffic, clicks and revenue. However there was a giant 25% reduction down when final stats were posted :?: The percentage drop makes no sense especailly since it rarely the other way around if you get my drift? Anyone else?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lately, I have seen the same, but there have been a few days that went up just the same.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it's yahoo to blame for the payout reductions...not parked.
In the past for no particular rhyme or reason yahoo has paid much less for clicks than usual based on things like the traffic quality score for that domain or other unknown factors, then for no particular rhyme or reason they start paying full value for those keywords again after a few days, I have also heard of advertisers getting discounted clicks based on volume...you might take this into consideration that parked can only pay YOU based on what THEY get paid. Remember, the more traffic and clicks you get the more diverse those clicks are in most cases and some might be from other countries as well or on multiple lower paying ads from different advertisers. There are so many factors involved it really is mind boggling. Suffice to say they make enough money every day that they do not need to clip you for a few extra bucks on a good day. Also, I still have yet to find a program that exceeds parked.com overall. Good luck! ;)

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Each day I seem to get one unique visitor that clicks on a site 12-20 times. Not sure why or how that happens, but I generally see a big revenue reduction the next morning.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
those are usually search engine bots/spiders

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I dont think there was one time I had my revenue increase after stats were finalized, They always decrease.... I made $26 on one domain a couple weeks ago, only to have it reduced to zero, It seems that any domain that goes from 0 to over $10 in a single day is reduced to nothing the next day.

There was 1 or 2 visitors on that domain that clicked over 20 times, Are you going to tell me that was a bot? BS! ... Problem is, their's no transparency in parking, They can tell us whatever they want to and we have no choice but to accept it.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me explain one thing to the people think that transparency will ever happen. Keep dreaming. I provide more information to our customers than any parking company that I am aware of. In my case on a domain level I am provided hits, clicks, revenue. Nothing else. If your domain sent 500 clicks to the advertisers and our providers tell us they are only paying for 50, there isn't anything else I can do besides pay you for what we are being paid for.

Yesterday we had over 1308 accounts that went up after the estimates and 1751 that went down. We are providing estimates purely based on what expect to be paid. You can have people who double click, that we try to remove, you can have bots that in the past 2 weeks who have been hammering us for some reason.

Estimates are estimates, you can always turn them off. In the past 2 weeks with all of these bots hammering us, the estimates have been off a lot more than normal. We have 5 people working on the issue every day and sometimes we think we have it figured out then the come back a few hours later.

trader - in your case you had one domain that we estimated double what it should be, only 9 clicks were removed, the problem is we estimated so high based on the previou two days. Take a look and you will understand. If you have any questions, I'm always around to answer them.

Donny

Last edited:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me explain one thing to the people think that transparency will ever happen. Keep dreaming. I provide more information to our customers than any parking company that I am aware of. In my case on a domain level I am provided hits, clicks, revenue. Nothing else. If your domain sent 500 clicks to the advertisers and our providers tell us they are only paying for 50, there isn't anything else I can do besides pay you for what we are being paid for.

Yesterday we had over 1308 accounts that went up after the estimates and 1751 that went down. We are providing estimates purely based on what expect to be paid. You can have people who double click, that we try to remove, you can have bots that in the past 2 weeks who have been hammering us for some reason.

Estimates are estimates, you can always turn them off. In the past 2 weeks with all of these bots hammering us, the estimates have been off a lot more than normal. We have 5 people working on the issue every day and sometimes we think we have it figured out then the come back a few hours later.

trader - in your case you had one domain that we estimated double what it should be, only 9 clicks were removed, the problem is we estimated so high based on the previou two days. Take a look and you will understand. If you have any questions, I'm always around to answer them.

Donny

I agree, seeing your posts, you do provide more information and support than most companies out there. This has to be a contributing factor to why Parked.com is one of the better parking companies out there. We thank you for that.

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Donny

I think I'm one of those that went up.. THe day before was different. Weird stats the last few days though.. Noticed the bots too, definitely.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader - in your case you had one domain that we estimated double what it should be, only 9 clicks were removed, the problem is we estimated so high based on the previou two days. Take a look and you will understand. If you have any questions, I'm always around to answer them. Donny

Thanks Donny, your forum participation, openess and accessibility are greatly appreciated by everyone. It would be nice if some other industry leaders contributed like you do. Both you and Mike from Fabulous are the 2 best at this.

I do apologize about starting this thread it was just that at the time I was so thrilled :cool: about finally having my first plus $100 day since I started with parked.com but really bothered :sigh2: when it suddenly dropped 25% to under $100 as numbers were final (and some other recent big percentage adjustments lower too).

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't forget all the times you get paid for the bots too everyone! Not saying this is right but it's not our fault a bot clicks your domain name. If yahoo pays parked for those clicks, you get paid too. Some days your estimates are lower, sometimes higher...remember every single visitor to your domain names is different every single time and they are all doing all kinds of different sh*t when they visit...it's never a constant. Ride the wave and be glad your domains are working for you and making money from PPC, we are fortunate enough to all still get paid for just CLICKS! :eek:k:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The problem is; Their's NO transparency to show that it's a bot.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I can say with 99% confidence that one visitor is not clicking 20-30 or even 50+ times...unless it's click fraud. Visitors will click 2,3 MAYBE 4 or 5 times...on different ads but above that it's safe to say they are not valid clicks.

Dr Nump

Call me Doc !
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is; Their's NO transparency to show that it's a bot.
Move your domains to sedo then , there are transparency and no estimated numbers at all!

jsu1995

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I can say with 99% confidence that one visitor is not clicking 20-30 or even 50+ times...unless it's click fraud. Visitors will click 2,3 MAYBE 4 or 5 times...on different ads but above that it's safe to say they are not valid clicks.
I would tend to agree.

. . . hell, most people don't even click 20-30 times on a site with actual content. :lol:

Move your domains to sedo then , there are transparency and no estimated numbers at all!

Zing! :smilewinkgrin:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One other thing, every bit of information that we are provided with from our providers we provide to you in the stats today. If we had more information from them it would be available already.

Donny

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, seeing your posts, you do provide more information and support than most companies out there. This has to be a contributing factor to why Parked.com is one of the better parking companies out there. We thank you for that.

Thanks Donny, your forum participation, openess and accessibility are greatly appreciated by everyone. It would be nice if some other industry leaders contributed like you do. Both you and Mike from Fabulous are the 2 best at this.

I don't know what it is, either Don has this subforum flagged so he gets an email whenever someone posts here or he is on these forums quite often, either way he is quick to respond to questions and issues posted here.

We do have other reps here from other companies but they do not seem to be anywhere nearly as active as Don (I have no experience with Fabulous so I won't commnent on them, but I might give them a try in the next few weeks).

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
quick question.....what would cause a keyword that consistently paid 80 cents+.....to now pay 20 cents???

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Twenty cents...you should be so lucky, Tony. Sedo has gone the way of the sub-nickel PPC, btw. There is now a new buzzword in the industry: "clawbacks".

The amount of transparency we need is with regards to the advertising channel. I don't trust Yahoo or Google telling me that I'm getting a smaller cut because their visitors were not good enough and didn't buy that Gucci bag from the store they clicked on. This is rubbish. I might as well point my traffic to Obama.com

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro - BTW, I had 3 people send me your hockey domain today. Classic!

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom