Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Finally the $$ has come back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After about 6 weeks of 0.01 clicks I finally have some revenue again at Parked. Yesterday my one name had 3 clicks for a total of $5.01!

I did not change a single thing on the domain, no keywords, layouts, nothing.

Maybe things are turning around and the PPC world is not coming to an end. I still am moving towards developing everything into mini-sites due to the instability but hey at least the clicks are paying again.

Anyone else have any recent successes in overcoming the 0.01 clicks?

-$ideline

Domain Days 2024

hydroboi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good job i have also noticed an increase in payouts on certain terms!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I know I did a little tweaking to some keywords and have some domains going from $0.05/click to $2.37/click

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And now that yesterday's data has been finalized, that same domain had 2 clicks yesterday and made a grand total of 0.02... come on this is just ridiculous. How can it possibly fluctuate so much from day to day. I had a 1 click on this domain on the weekend that paid over $2.00 so what the hell is going on.

Maybe I should just throw up a quick template on all of my domains and put some adsense on them and kiss parking goodbye

Anyone else have any thoughts on the inconsistencies of parking?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Expect more of this while Yahoo tries to figure out how they screwed up on the MSFT offer.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is not that Yahoo is doing anything, the problem is where is your traffic coming from. If some of your traffic is going to one of our second tier providers, then that is why you are getting the $0.01 per click.

Donny

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
When Yahoo reverses the $1.50 etc per click that's not Yahoo's action that nullifies revenue earned? It should not take much to write an automation program that logs into one's account at certain intervals, records the current revenue per domain and then again after the "estimated revenue" has been finalized. I see more than 50% drop at times.

Ang

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
50% is an understatement... it seems that the "estimated revenue" is based on the last recorded finalized RPC so if the name earned 0.01 per click yesterday the estimate today would be just that. But if the finalized data for yesterday was $2.00 per click it would estimate todays based on that and then once the data is finalized that's when the crushing blow comes and the system says oh you only get 0.01 per click today

That's just how I have observed it over the last month or so... I'm not even going to bother checking it every 12 hours or so like I used to, really what's the point. I'll check it once a week maybe and see how the crap shoot went.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You really wouldn't have to automate anything, it's all available via xml.

Donny

hydroboi

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2 of my domains went from $5/click and $2/click and went down to .44 and .57 can anyone explain this and why would it be like this?

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's the same way our estimates have worked since day one. We are estimating what your RPC will be based on a historical information in your account for that domain. The numbers for a particualar domain are an average from your past 5 days for that domain. So if you only get a few clicks a day, your RPC can easily fluctuate from 10 cents a click to $3 a click depending on your keywords. It also depends on where the surfers are coming from as well. If you a click on car insurance today from somebody in the US and you get paid $5, and then tomorrow somebody goes to the same domain from Japan and the domain doesn't have car insurance on it, but mp3 in japanese, you probably won't get but 5 cents.

So estimates are just that, an estimate, Yahoo doesn't tell us what a specific click on a term will be, maybe one day, but that day isn't here yet.

The more clicks you have on a particular domain, the less likely the domain will fluctuate that much.

Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom