Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Finance and Business templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd wait a couple of days to see if anyone was playing, but it seems not...

We have released two new, very different, templates which can be found in the ND SandBox preview.
These are Finance and Business. We've been testing these for some weeks and they are certainly proving to bring back return visits and are getting great results.
There are more to come, travel by the start of next week, hopefully. Do let us know which ones you'd find most useful.
The pages are only available in English and German for now.
It seems a long way from our original pages, for all those who've been with us since last September, but we want to constantly push the bar higher.

Hope you enjoy using them. Would be great to hear any feedback you may have.

Ed

Newton

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WOW these are gorgeous and converting some of the templates over now .. thank you :)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"templates which can be found in the ND SandBox preview"

I can't find the "ND sandbox preview" section, do you have a link?

Also, can you show us a couple active domains using these templates live?

BuyingGuy03

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I'll give this a shot. I think though that the english words and money symbols in the upper large image on the finance one might be slightly offputting for non-english speaking visitors. Would it be possible to have slightly different images show up there for visitors from other countries?

G.P. Network

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd wait a couple of days to see if anyone was playing, but it seems not...

We have released two new, very different, templates which can be found in the ND SandBox preview.
These are Finance and Business. We've been testing these for some weeks and they are certainly proving to bring back return visits and are getting great results.
There are more to come, travel by the start of next week, hopefully. Do let us know which ones you'd find most useful.
The pages are only available in English and German for now.
It seems a long way from our original pages, for all those who've been with us since last September, but we want to constantly push the bar higher.

Ed

Oh wow, I have been using the fiance one for a few days now, I just thought I overlooked it when I first signed up.

:)

Good stuff!

And love your service, I have been testing a few domains with you and good results, time to a bulk domain move tommorow :) !!

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love the "editorial" stuff on the bottom of the page - makes it look like a "real" page much more.

Would love to see similar layouts for the other categories.

Btw - any chance you'll translate the english contact form to german so it will have the *exact* same meaning in german ?

See my recent post on domain state..;)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Glad you like them. There are certainly more on the way. There will be 2 travel ones and they're my favourite so far.

BuyingGuy03, I appreciate that the English texts may be off-putting. As you know, we are very keen on internationality, we have our "standard" pages translated into 16 languages currently and we don't want to lose sight of that. As I mentioned, these pages are only available in English and German, but we are looking to make them available across the board. I've made a note to our designers to try and avoid any language-specific images from now on.

beatz, I haven't seen your DS post, but our bid pages are already fully in German. We are as integrated in German as we are in English. We have a German homepage, German support (more than English actually..!) and any offer made from a German IP will be in German. More languages to follow on this.

We've had a quiet summer externally, it doesn't look like we've been up to muc, but we've been beavering away, and there's a lot of fun stuff to bring out in the coming weeks and months :)

Ed

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ed,

dunno if i can link from here to DS, so i quote myself from there:

"..on the english language contact form as well as on the german one it has the amount offer field/dropdown and also the german contact page says *is* for sale (in german of course) while the english one just says "enquire" and "possible purchase".

No way you can have the german version saying the same as the english one ?

The german page really has a significant different meaning.

Also it would be great to have an option to turn off the offer/amount field in the contact form."

And what "trader" replied to that:

"Agree, it's a negative for some of us to say or imply the name is for sale. Quite surprised all the firms do not offer choices of: 1. Not for sale option. 2. For sale. 3. Contact Us (nothing else).

I would select #3 on them all since I am not a seller and view being told it's for sale or may be for sale as a negative. However, if someone is really serious about buying they can use #3 anyway so little is lost. It also would prevent someone from using UDRP complaint process regarding advertising for sale being as bad faith."

Exactly what i'm talking about. :)

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Info Namedriver!! They look great pls consider extending them to .fr to cater my porfolio properly!! just tried it on www.meinedeutschebank.de.

forumrating

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i liked the business template in both of these, its gona be good if more and more templates are offered. jus tried on vitalindex.com

Samuel

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Those are really nice parking templates.

Travel - Hotel's would be great.

:car: Agree. :plane:

:clap2: Finance - Business are awesome. :yo:

Sam :tounge_smile:

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Sam.
:panda:
Travel looks great. Just some finishing touches to be made :fish2:
:clock:
:flame:

Ed:smash:

Premiumhosted

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When will these template be offered in Spanish and French? I have changed a lot of my spanish/french names to the finance template and hopefully this can be offered soon. :)

BuyingGuy03

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to say after trying these for a day, the CTR does seem significantly higher than what I had before, so looks like I'll stick with this. Good job!

Now, regarding generating return visitors, that is very interesting. Could you work on providing some return visits percentage or information for domains so we could actually see if these work better for that purpose?

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Ed

Simply great. Switched most of my domains.

However, ads are not visible on the new pages in Opera 9.01 (I know, 99 out of 100 suckers use Microsuck Explorer). Ads are still visible on the old templates. I have all options enabled (java, js, plugins), no user js - the only thing I've customized is is a user css (adblocker.css - easy to find on google). I'll look into this later and follow up.

cheers,
mathias

follow-up: it's the adblocker.css, unsurprisingly, although it doesn't block ads on the old templates. seems like namedrive implemented a new ad serving method which is more easily blocked with custom style sheets?

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love the "editorial" stuff on the bottom of the page - makes it look like a "real" page much more.

The English text is fine, however the German text goes on rambling about Trademarks, Namedrive's innocence related to these matters and how people should contact the domain owner.

Far from elegant, and not something you'd find on a "real" page. Let's hope people will click before they scroll down.

Maybe someone could apply some camouflage here if it's absolutely necessary to keep this, or even place the entire disclaimer on a different page, eg namedrive.de/sissy.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very, very nice.

Can't wait to see what the results are in a few days.

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
very pleased and excited on the new layout. The template has been a big improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom