Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Finding buyer Info when inquiry coming through an Afternic Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyL

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have heard Adam speak about the importance of finding out as much as possible about potential buyers. My question. How can you find out about buyers when dealing with the likes of AfterNic? For example, today I received the following.

You have received a sales lead on [domain name] through one of Afternic's Expanded Promotion partner sites. A lead indicates that someone is interested in the domain, but is not prepared to buy it yet.

In order to proceed with this buyer, please take the following steps now:

1. Set a Floor Price and Buy Now price in the next 48 hours.

To remain a robust marketplace of premium domain names for both buyers and sellers, we require that every domain have a Floor Price and Buy Now Price within 48 hours of receiving a sales lead.
The Buy Now Price is the price you want for your domain and at which it is promoted. Your domain sells immediately when a buyer meets the buy now price. The Floor Price is the absolute minimum price at which you are willing to sell your domain. It is a binding price.

To set your Floor and Buy Now prices please log into My Afternic

So AfterNic is asking me to set a Buy Now price and I know nothing about the potential buyer.

Anyone know how Adam would address this?

Regards
Jeff

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are willing to sell the domain, set what you want for the domain, then for floor price, set the absolute minimum you want for the domain.

Afternic will not disclose the buyer, you have to know what your domain is worth, and if you are willing to sell it, what your bottom line is...

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
set a price for what you want to sell it for

make sure your contact info is correct on whois and maybe they (buyer) will contact you directly

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>when dealing with the likes of AfterNic

That's what you need to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom