Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Finding End Users for your names

Status
Not open for further replies.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea to start this thread because it is a matter that would interest most of the users of this forum.

In another major forum, there is a huge thread on this matter, many domainers, experienced or not, contributed to the thread by writing the methods that they use to lure in end users and reading that thread was as helful as it was inspiring.

I think that most of you would agree that a similar thread here would be very usefull to DNF members and everybody will welcome it.

I would like to kindly ask from anyone that has even the slightest experience from end user sales, to write his thoughts on how to approach them, what to say or not to say, to describe maybe a method that worked for him...etc

I hope that this thread will be taken seriously and will not end up burried under a ton of threads in the next few days.

Petros

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great idea and a surprise that people discuss tactics

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well...it was time to put this issue on the top for all of us...

I never succeed in atracting and end user...so any experienced voice will be fresh air for me.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great idea and a surprise that people discuss tactics

I don't think it would be a suprise because such a discussion will contribute to everyone's knowledge and will not hurt anyone's business...IMO. We are here to help each other afterall, this is why this forum exists in the first place.

What suprises me though, is that such a discussion never took place in this forum(as far as I know - maybe I'm wrong)

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty good way of finding end users. PM me and I will share with you...for free. ;)

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get plenty of interest from end-users, but most of them are lowballing lower then resellers.

Especially if you go ahead and send them emails the offers will be more lower..

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a pretty good way of finding end users. PM me and I will share with you...for free. ;)

why don't you share it here with everyone?

I get plenty of interest from end-users, but most of them are lowballing lower then resellers.

Especially if you go ahead and send them emails the offers will be more lower..

What if you contact a number of potential end users and then start an online auction where the interested parties would compete for the name?

Rico

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i never send emails to end users. They have to come to me with their offer

Ive done it in the past, but then i get blabla we dont really need the name but we like to offer you XXX....

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with alot of these suggests is that they may apply for .com what about .co.uk if you approach end users you are likely to lose in a DRS

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've even called people to make a sale. One thing that domainers hate is a telephone. Develop your communication skills by talking to people. This is another great way!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Number one: Telephone

Then, if you have a REALLY good domain and say five very obvious targets, send them a letter by FedEx, addressed to the CEO.

Last resort: Email, but that's OK for lower-end stuff too.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what about asking price? do you mention an asking price for the domain name, or do you ask for offers?

Defining an end user price for a name is very hard, yuo never know how much a potential end user is whilling to pay.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
For male end-users, have an experienced female make the cold calls. Male end-users respond better to female "pitchers" unless you feel very confident about your approach. Vice-versa for female end-users.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
what about asking price? do you mention an asking price for the domain name, or do you ask for offers?

Defining an end user price for a name is very hard, yuo never know how much a potential end user is whilling to pay.
Petros, if you have a good name and a few potential candidates for purchase, why not ask for a serious appraisal for an end-user in one of the Exclusive forums? There are also good appraisals in Gold, but you need to pick your posters. There are a lot of folk here with good credentials, but unfortunately some that will be way off the mark. Like me most times :blush:

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Petros, if you have a good name and a few potential candidates for purchase, why not ask for a serious appraisal for an end-user in one of the Exclusive forums? There are also good appraisals in Gold, but you need to pick your posters. There are a lot of folk here with good credentials, but unfortunately some that will be way off the mark. Like me most times :blush:

I do have a name which I think can bring a very good end price, but for reselling is worthless. I have asked for an appraisal in the Gold forum and received no answer at all - but appraising the name is useless if we are talking about reselling price - and most appraisers here are resellers and this reflects in their appraisals.

The fact is however, that I have done some research and I found 4-5 candidates who have a yearly turnover in the 7 figure range. The name is 100% generic and 100% fits their business.

I'll send you am PM, if you don't mind, I'd like to hear your thoughts on this case.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another tactic for finding end users which involves a budget is advertising in newspapers, specialized magazines and also dedicated forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom