Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Finding out if a misspell is recieving traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdubz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is overture an accurate way to see if a misspell is going to recieve traffic before you buy it? Or if not is there another way to check?

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
gdubz said:
Is overture an accurate way to see if a misspell is going to recieve traffic before you buy it? Or if not is there another way to check?

being overture automatically corrects common misspells, if above method with ext doesnt show any overture, then the system i use is I type the correct spelling in google and see results ie: 100,000, I then typein the misspelling and see results if it is 10,000 that tells me a name may get 10 percent of the correct spelling in traffic, of course this is all estimation and can vary significantly

Sniche

Buyer Broker
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
being overture automatically corrects common misspells, if above method with ext doesnt show any overture, then the system i use is I type the correct spelling in google and see results ie: 100,000, I then typein the misspelling and see results if it is 10,000 that tells me a name may get 10 percent of the correct spelling in traffic, of course this is all estimation and can vary significantly

nice tip fatter!

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that is absurd, the amount of pages at google has nothing to do with how many times a term is searched for

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fryman04 said:
that is absurd, the amount of pages at google has nothing to do with how many times a term is searched for

I use this method only as a guide of percentage of people who spell a name incorrectly to the proper spelling, ie if google shows accommodations is spelt 42 million times correctly, i then compare accomodations and see 4 million misspells that tells me about 10 percent of people spell it wrong, so accomodations should see about 10 percent of traffic as accommodations.
having said that you will see the misspell gets more overture than the correct spelling which could be because its a better site or a variety of other reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom