Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

fireport.com - my domain, but name seems to be used for fraudulent credit charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I've had this domain for 8 months now. (It's getting one or two uniques a day).

I've had around 8 e-mails complaining about unrequested charges being made to their bank/card.

In the past I've written back promptly explaining I'm nothing to do with the company and that they should probably contact their bank/card company to pursue the matter. There hasn't been any further contact with these people.

I'm now realising that this domain name is probably more of a liability than an asset.

Has anyone one had a similar experience and any thoughts on good courses of action.

My thought is to dump the name, probably just by changing the whois information - maybe indicating in it that any fraudulent bank charges could be taken up with the bank.

I'm not really too worried about the e-mails I've been receiving, but if anyone has any suggestions, I would like to hear them.

If anyone would like to take the name off my hands, let me know too ;-)

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
Has anyone one had a similar experience and any thoughts on good courses of action.
I'm not really too worried about the e-mails I've been receiving, but if anyone has any suggestions, I would like to hear them.

I would suggest that you elliminate the ppc and put up a website "briefly" explaining
that you have nothing to do with the charges. That you are also a victum.

And, make suggestions who they should complain to, such as, credit card company,
FBI, etc.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello actnow,

Thanks for the suggestion. Seems a very sensible idea.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have now traded this name. Thanks for your contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom