Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Firewalls...

Status
Not open for further replies.

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good one?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ZoneAlarm.com

RMF

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I use ZoneAlarm too

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ZoneAlarm Pro has served me well.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Norton Internet Security 2003 - solid protection.

Me too - great product, anti-virus, internet security firewall, anti-popup etc, etc.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you get a hardware router (e.g. Linksys and SMC are two popular brands), they can act as firewalls too, and protect the PCs behind them from malevolent probes coming from the internet.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ZoneAlaram is a good program (the basic version's even free), but the trouble is you have to manually approve each program when it wants to have Internet access. A good security measure some might say, but it can be a right pain, especially if you play an online game or something that takes full screen - it'll mess it up!

I agree that hardware routers are much more secure. My router has a pretty solid firewall.

If you want to check out the stability of your firewall/computer etc., check out this site:

http://www.grc.com

There is a popular free tester on there called 'Shields UP'. Run it, and then run the 'Probe my Ports' test - it'll tell you what's going on with regards to your ports - whether they're open, closed, or stealth.
It's very useful when testing out the security of your configuration. (You don't need a router or any firewall, it will work on virtually any PC).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom