Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

First Domain You Ever Registered?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EroGenius

I was wondering, what was the first domain name you've registered?

My first domain reg was POWERSURGE.COM.

It was a toss up between that and ARTICULATE.COM, but the other name won out. It was funny though, not a week later I started getting contacted about it. No big money, but people who had been "watching" it, and it happened to expire just when I was looking. I'm still annoyed I didn't pick up ARTICULATE.COM just for the hell of it... someone else eventually got it.

Silly me. ;)

~ EG

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I registered my first domain name "u100.com" in 1999.
It was quite late (after business.com was sold for 7m) so most of the good names were gone. :sad:

M

Mik

webeducate.org in 1997 let it drop cause I ran out of time to develop the idea fully.
diamondcomputing.com.au 1997, company site, dropped sometime in 99 due to university education getting in the way :)
I forget which came first. Back in those days you had to fill out forms and fax em away to get the ID and they even mailed you a confirmation letter by post when you registered something and mailed you again when it was expiring. Ahh the bad old days, I think I paid $140Au for the .org for 2 years haha. Not to mention up to $400Au bills from my ISP every month.

People I worked for in 95/96 actually got pulled into the whole au.com scam ozemail ran back then. They thought they got their own domain names.

E

EroGenius

Originally posted by goh

Record created on 26-Jan-2000

http://www.whois-search.com/index.php?query=powersurge.com

Good guess, Goh, but that was the year it was transferred. A better guess would be "If he said he was going to register ARTICULATE.COM instead, when was that finally registered?"

http://www.whois-search.com/index.php?query=articulate.com
Record created July 16, 1997

I first registered PowerSurge.com in June of 1997. I sold it in January of 2000, two and a half >snf< beautiful years later. :)

~ EG

Congratulation for your sales, second question some people "might" ask is how much? :D

M

mole

ahhh... 1997 Eros, I remember all those industry names I could have registered even at that time and rule the industry sigh. I regged my personal name early 1998, that was my first.

MarkMitford

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
search-engine.com and searchengine.co.uk, I really should do something with them :)

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by EroGenius
I was wondering, what was the first domain name you've registered?

Pondhockey.net :yes:

-Bob

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
electriczebra.com :)

I planned to create something like an online collectibles store there but never did. Someone later contacted me who was interested in using the name, and I transferred it to her for no charge. She never used it either and eventually let it drop.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by MarkMitford
search-engine.com and searchengine.co.uk, I really should do something with them :)

Welcome Mark. Yes, you should do something with them: they are great domain names :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was Genomunity.com. I made up the word -- for genetic immunity. Interestingly enough, there are now 68 hits for the "word" on Google! :D Someday will it become a research speciality? I love language. For each of the words we use today... someone once made it up.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My first domain was my surname, Kirikos.com. I think everyone should grab their surname.com, if they can. Thankfully, not many people share my surname, although apparently there's some island in Greece with that name, as well as some boat company that has the .gr. I have the com/net/org/ca, though (.biz, .info, .name are a waste, I think, so I didn't grab those).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom