Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale First dotca sale on Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just completed the offer process through sedo and I believe I have sold my first domain there. It was LLLL dotca and sold for 1K.

I have not sold anything on Sedo before, so I will be interested to see how the whole process comes together.

10% commission on Sedo seems a lot better than the godaddy 30%

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale...

6sons

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the sale.

I have dealt with Sedo escrow and I like their approach. You transfer first to them as a registrant and they release funds once they have it in their name. That way it is they that have to put up with the buyers who struggle with the Cira process.

To my knowledge it is 10% when they find the buyer. If you already have the buyer and only use their escrow service it is considerably less... 3% ?

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have had a couple of sales there in the past and I was happy with the process too. Took a while for payment but the sale was nice :)

westcoaster

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's the anatomy of my Sedo sale. I'm posting this so others can see how the dotca sales work on Sedo. The deal is now complete.

Domain name was beso ( I know someone is going to ask so let's get that out of the way)

June 22 - received an offer for the domain for $500
June 26 - ( i was away) countered for $2500
June 29 - countered by purchaser for $1000
June 30 - I accepted the price at $1000.
Some of you may say I should have gone higher and some will say I was lucky to get what I got. I looked at it that I paid $a minimum low TBR fee for the domain and have some renewals coming up so this would easily cover them and leave me with some more to play with. The tricky part of this is I don;t know who I am dealing with. Is it a small business person with a limited budget or a large business with a nice budget. There is no way to know so I just asked myslef if I would be happy with the $1000 and leave it at that.

June 6th - Escrow payment received from seller.

Then the transfer process began and a red flag went up for me. If i receive a transfer request how do I know it was the person who purchased the domain or possible ( but unlikely) some scammer who just happened to request the same domain as the one I sold.

I asked sedo and the responded that if I was not sure then I could ask them if it was the correct person and the wold confirm or deny that the right party was requesting the transfer.

Buyer initiated a registrar transfer
I complied

Interesting enough it is a US based company but whatever as long as the money makes it to my bank I don;t care who it is.

Buyer initiated registrant transfer.
I complied
Buyer completed registrant transfer

June 12th Sedo tells me everything is competed.
June 13th Sedo send me an email saying they have created a credit note and I should receive my funds in 1- 2 days
June 13th ( same day) the money is in my paypal account.

Sale price $ 1000 ( less Sedo commission - $100) add US exchange total deposit $ 910 US

I hope this help others with the sale of their dotca on Sedo.

I do have to say that Sedo was great at answering any questions I had. They were personally and promptly answered.
This was a far easier and far faster sale than on Godaddy which take 30% and takes up to 45 days to pay.

Cheers
Phil

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom