Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

First impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Opened a Parked.com account today (thanks, Donny!). Here are one man's first impressions.

Nice interface - plenty of reports, pretty easy navigation (though when you edit a domain's keyword, it would be nice to have a "Return to Portfolio" button). I also love the stats being updated every 15 minutes, not once a day.

Automatic keyword selection usually works well - better than I expected - and it's easy to change them manually. The only sour note was when I set one domain's keyword to be "George W Bush" and the software set up categories for "Clinton" and "Kerry"; their topic list seems a little out of date.

So far, I have one click, but the revenue is listed as $0.00. That's an estimate, right? There will really be some revenue from that?

Looking forward to gaining more Parked.com experience (and more revenue!) ....

-Dave

Zaan

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol...whats your domain? TexasMoron.com?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmmmmmmm..."Bush" money...sounds triple x to me ;)

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, man - I see what everybody means when they talk about the revenue estimates.

One of my domains at Parked.com had a couple of clicks yesterday that added up to 46 cents. Today, they have been adjusted to a total of 5 cents.

Either way, that's not much money, but it could add up over the long run. It's a nasty shock when a click only earns 1/9 as much as the original estimate showed.

P.S. A pet peeve of mine: why don't all parking services display domain names (in reports and on the parked pages) the same way the owner enters them? [Parked.com is not the only guilty party here.] If I enter MySuperWonderfulDomain.com into the "Add Domains" screen, it gets put in the portfolio manager - and onto the parked pages - as mysuperwonderfuldomain.com, which is much harder to read. Why? (I know I can change its appearance on the page, but the default should be for it to appear the way I first typed it!)

P.P.S. Sorry to be grousing so much, as I really do like most aspects of Parked.com so far. :)

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
randomo - The ever famous CamelCase on a domain. All companies lower case domains when they are entered, because that is the correct format of how a domain is supposed to be displayed is lowercase. For a very short time we displayed exactly what was entered then we had people compalin about that. So we lowercase everything and then give you the option to CamelCase it at a later time.

Donny

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
randomo - The ever famous CamelCase on a domain. All companies lower case domains when they are entered, because that is the correct format of how a domain is supposed to be displayed is lowercase. For a very short time we displayed exactly what was entered then we had people compalin about that. So we lowercase everything and then give you the option to CamelCase it at a later time.

Donny
Then how about letting people check (or not check) a box that says "Always display my domains exactly as I enter them"? Seems like that would make everyone happy.

BTW, I know the revenue figures are estimates, but what about the click figures? One of my clicks (from yesterday or the day before) has disappeared, along with the 23 cents it had supposedly earned ....

etphotog

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm just wondering does this company works with start-ups are do they only court big portfolios.

I saw on another thread that it was implied that they allowed 'purchasing traffic' with arbitrage. Is this something that they accept or do they dismiss this as less than "quality traffic"?

Just wondering,
Jethro

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Donny
Aha! I just discovered that NameDrive offers exactly the feature I'm looking for. Right below where you type in the domain you are adding, you can check a box that says:

"Keep Capitals (Enter domains with capitals in the box above as you would like them to appear on the page. e.g. TripFacts.com)"

Donny, how about it?

Thanks,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom