Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

First Name .com Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this for a while. Obviously popular first name .com's are worth a good amount, but some of the prices I have seen seem rather inflated.

There is a thread about Bob.com in the domain news section (it was on sale at Ebay recently). I don't see why such a name would be worth 6 figures. Yes, it probably gets good traffic, but that traffic will be hard to monetize (who/what services are people looking for?). I also think these names are hard to develop (although Bob.com is pretty brandable, some of the other first names are not). For many of the first name .com domains I can't think of a reasonable end-user purpose for them.

Thoughts on the issue...?

Domain Days 2024

MinionDH

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I treat first name domains as a brand rather than a keyword. With that said I feel parking is always a bad idea for these type of domains. Yeah, you'll get type-in traffic but how do you optimize keywords to make maximum profits?

The only way to make any real money is through developing and branding. If you don't have the time/money/energy to do this then don't expect offers in the six figure range

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom